Notices

ROW M030 installation help in Balt./Wash.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default ROW M030 installation help in Balt./Wash.

Well, my new suspension finally arrived from Sunset. I had considered installing it myself but I don't have a lift(yet) and my garage averages about 85F these days so I'm looking for an indie in the Baltimore/Washington area. The closer to Ellicott City the better.

So far, I have a quote from AtSpeed for ~$1000 plus $200 for align.
I have a call in to Ralph's in Owings Mills but haven't heard back yet.
I also talked to another shop I won't mention who wanted $1500. He insisted the car had to have a corner balancing and an immediate alignment after driving around the parking lot to settle the springs. I told him that I had read a different opinion here. The conversation deteriorated rapidly after he made a disparaging comment about Rennlisters.

In searching the forum here it seems prevailing wisdom is to drive the car for a few days to let the springs settle before the alignment. Additionally, I have seem a number of posts stating that corner balancing is only relevant for an adjustable suspension like a PSS9.

My questions:
Anyone have experience/recommendations with local shops for suspension install work? What was the cost? Any particularly good or bad experiences?
Any comments about my suspension assumptions above? I don't plan to track the car if that's relevant.
Thanks in advance!
Old 08-07-2008, 08:48 AM
MGS996
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you purchase the complete package including bigger stabilizer bars....if so a little more work required on the install. You are 100% correct in your thoughts the Row M030 is not adjustable and corner balancing is not required. It should be a very straight forward process of install, drive the car (2-3 miles) to seat the suspension 100% then align. Install should take around 4-6 hours (max).
Old 08-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the feedback. I think I've found a shop that will do a good job at a good price thanks to the folks here @ Rennlist.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:17 PM
TH996
Advanced

For future reference, call Gennady at http://gtperformanceinc.com/

Excellent service, excellent prices. All the Chesapeake region PCA guys get their track cars set up by him. He is located just north of Baltimore. It'll be a long time before I find a shop of the same quality here in LA.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:56 AM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TH996
For future reference, call Gennady at http://gtperformanceinc.com/

Excellent service, excellent prices. All the Chesapeake region PCA guys get their track cars set up by him. He is located just north of Baltimore. It'll be a long time before I find a shop of the same quality here in LA.
Couldn't agree more. I had the work done @ GT and am very happy.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Tron999
Intermediate

You didn't go with TPC? Mike's a good guy.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tron999
You didn't go with TPC? Mike's a good guy.
They couldn't come close on price.

Quick Reply: ROW M030 installation help in Balt./Wash.