Notices

HELP PLS...6pt. harness mounting points for '89 911

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Coyote99
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLS...6pt. harness mounting points for '89 911

I've decided to get some decent seats and a six point harness for my car for track days. Can a few of the 911 race/track car folks here post some pictures of the mounting points you've used?

I have a harness bar already, and I may go to a full cage in the near future. I'd like to be able to take the belts out for road use, so I'm planning on the clip-in ends and eye bolts.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Coyote99
Rennlist Member

Never mind...found this...

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...s_install2.htm
Old 06-07-2008, 08:59 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coyote99
I've decided to get some decent seats.....
FYI

Harness Standard: revised 1/22/07

Harness Systems: If the participant chooses to install a 5/6 point driving harness (four point systems are not safe and therefore not allowed) several changes to the automobile must be made to create a safe occupant restraint system. Harnesses must include an antisubmarine strap and be mounted in an approved manner consistent with the manufacturer's instructions. The Harness system must be used in conjunction with a seat which has the supplied routing holes for the shoulder and anti-submarine belts. All pieces of the restraint system must be installed in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.

This means that a seat is required to have the proper routing holes for the harness as supplied by the seat manufacturer for the shoulder, lap and anti-submarine straps. The shoulder straps should be mounted at 90 degrees to the axis of your spine or at most 40 degrees down from horizontal. Because the addition of the harness system means that the occupants are fastened upright in the vehicle, a properly padded roll bar or roll cage is strongly encouraged to complete the SYSTEM. The use of one without the other may result in an unsafe environment and is not a COMPLETE SYSTEM. Due to UV degradation and wear the harness webbing must be replaced every five years.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:51 PM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Coyote, the directions you found on Pelican will not be approved at tech for any PCA event
Old 06-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Coyote99
Rennlist Member

Thanks...I'll follow the "COMPLETE SYSTEM" PCA guidelines.

Quick Reply: HELP PLS...6pt. harness mounting points for '89 911