Notices

European Springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 02:58 PM
JimG
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default European Springs

Just picked up my new toy yesterday, an 06 c2s with 18K miles. I will take some pics this afternoon. After I gave the deposit for the car and started signing the paperwork the salesman said that the car had European Springs installed which lowered the car 1/2 inch. I asked him how this affected the warranty and he said they were a Porsche product. I cannot find anything on the Porsche USA website about this, will try Britain next. Not real happy about this last second surprise since I asked him two days before the sale for a vehicle report (he did not know what a DME report was). Anyone have these springs installed???
Old 03-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Tomb
Advanced

He's probably talking about the ROW MO30 suspension kit which lowers the car to European standards. Visit the 996 forum and you will see much information about that.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Shemmer
Pro

I'll never understand why some Porsche enthusiasts look down on Euro models. They have everything we desire in North America but can't have. More horsepower, lower suspension and lighter vehicle weight just to mention a few. I mean isn't that why you are buying this type of car to begin with? It's great to be able to buy a car the way it was intended to be by the manufacturer rather than one that's been choked and loaded up with useless equipment.
I personally own a Euro 930 and everyone I talk to is adding equipment to their cars to bring them to Euro spec so why all the negativity?

Quick Reply: European Springs