Notices

951 Upgrades what is the best!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 06:47 PM
1FastRedSC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SFR all the way, tim is a little more realistic than most tuners. <a href="http://www.speedforceracing.com" target="_blank">www.speedforceracing.com</a>
Old 04-12-2003, 01:31 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by jimbo1111:
<strong>Choose a tuner not a setup.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">nah, do some research, decide what's best for you... dont let a tuner do it.... Unless you have alot of discresionary cash flow going on...

then by all means... go ahead

i'm a 19 year old student. I can't afford to toss over my keys and my wallet at the same time. Although my wallet is pretty light.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:41 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
As I write this I am waving a checkered flag and screaming Powerhaus! I believe I have the fastest street legal 951 in North America. Go to Powerhaus.com and click on (HOT). You'll see the dyno and a pic of my car. I've been with David Raines(owner) for over seven years and have been in contact with him for over ten years; three years before I even bought the car. He is by far one of the most upstanding, straight forward, and most importantly honest men in the business. I've read here that you can't have this power and daily driveability at the same time. Correction. It is a daily driver. I also have a bullit proof V12 750il BMW. It's BMW's flagship of luxury and my little 951 drives every bit as easy and the Beemer. A little tidbit to help prove my point. I've been caught stop and go traffic in 117 degree Vegas heat for 35 minutes. Not only did the car never go into the red, it barely moved above the second white line. When I first brought the car back from Powerhaus in Scottsdale, I had to get it registered again. I forgot to let the car warm up and went straight to the smog station first thing in the morning. The car was only running for SIX minutes when it passed the test. Not to big of a feat except that I did it with no cat. Just a straight pipe on a full B&B exhaust!! On the other hand, that means it also blows a huge cloud of fire in between shifts when I get on it. A beautiful thing. David himself has the same motor with a different cam and turbo and has 90,000 miles on it. It's the only car he drives. He not only drives it everyday, he drives it to the track, kicks everyones but and drives it home. So my car's driveablility is the best of both worlds. Docile in every day traffic and then completely demonic in it's relentless pursuit of speeds that most people will never know, humbling cars whose owners truly believe they are driving fast cars. I personally know the takeoff and landing speed of commercial jets (155-160mph)as I regularly tool along next to the runways on a street in Vegas that runs parallel to them late at night. To date, I've taken Z06 Corvettes, Vipers, a cobra replica with a worked 302(thank god it wasn't a 427), and a twin turbo lotus. The M3, Camaro SS, and Saleen Mustang guys seem to really take it hard. The ultimate though would have to be a GSXR 750 bike from 120 mph to 185(it was close though), a Henessey Venom 550 Viper, and yes even the almighty 996 twin turbo-two of them. One I believe was a GT2. At least he had the body kit to look like one. Didn't make a difference. One of the twin turbo guys wouldn't let it go so after three or four tries, I positioned him to my right in the center lane and I spanked him in a way he will never forget. I out accelerated hime by about six car lengths, hit the brakes to let him catch up, swung behind him and into the right lane and hit it until I was about ten car lenghts in front of him, only to swing back over into the left lane again and hit the brakes actually running a complete circle around him while he was still accelerating. There are not enough words to describe what this car makes me feel like and how bad it makes other cars performance look. Powerhaus...nuf'said and I've alreadly said way too much.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:55 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

By the way, the car also has Adjustable Koni yellows all the way around, 260lb springs up front, and tortion bars at the rear. Oh, yeah, and Ice Cold Air...
Old 04-14-2003, 05:52 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
My vote is for technodyne & Chris Cervelli

In fact the car in your avitar is a 400 whp 944 Turbo 2.5l street car built by technodyne and owned by a friend and fellow rennlister.

I do have to agree that a 400 hp autocross car is not very good. In fact my friend was much faster in his stock 83 944 NA at the autocross compared to his Turbo. There really is never enough room to get in to the boost even in a stock Turbo.

Check out this link
<a href="http://www.technodyneracing.com/technodyne1/articles.html" target="_blank">Technodyne 944 Turbo Steet Cars</a>
Old 04-15-2003, 03:13 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
DFASTEST951 very impressive. Now don't let me come to vagas and wip your but and steal your girlfriend.LOL
Old 04-15-2003, 06:12 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Good one Jimbo. I think I should leave the girlfriend out of this.lol. What numbers does your car put out at how much boost and who did the work? By the way, that's got to be the prettiest red I've seen. Is that a factory color or one of Ferrari's mixes?
Old 04-15-2003, 06:24 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

You know I have to say that I've done business with Chris in the past and I will vouch for him as well. Great guy. Hell of a driver. Big numbers out of his cars. My only concern is the amount of boost put out to achieve those numbers relating to longevity of the motors. David at Powerhaus has a 3.0 liter motor with 450+rwhp and has over 90,000 miles on his motor needing only oil changes and I think a water pump (being in the desert, that's common). We figured it out that if I turned up the boost to 1.6 bar (approx. 25-26lb)I could register over 500rwhp on the dyno. Just don't know how long it would last.
Old 04-15-2003, 06:41 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what's so great about koni yellows?
Old 04-15-2003, 08:09 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Well around here I have seen lots of Technodyne Turbos. All are very fast and seem reliable.

Personally I have never seen a Powerhaus 944 Turbo on the track. This is not to say it has not happend or there are any problems with your car or David Raines.

It is just that nearly all the fast 944 Turbos I have seen at the track are Technodyne cars. Infact just about all the fast Porsche race cars in this area are Technodyne cars, 944 Turbos, F Stock 944 Turbos, E-stock 944 Turbos, 996 B-stock, 996 Cup, 993 RSR, 993 C Stock, etc
Old 04-16-2003, 02:22 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Posted by DFASTEST951:

Good one Jimbo. I think I should leave the girlfriend out of this.lol. What numbers does your car put out at how much boost and who did the work? By the way, that's got to be the prettiest red I've seen. Is that a factory color or one of Ferrari's mixes?

sorry but that's not my car in the pic that was borrowed through rennlist. But mine is the same color and in mint condition.To answer your ? I put down 358 rwhp at 20 lbs on pump gas With a rich midrange.Im still tuning but at 25 lbs I should see 440 rwhp. I purchased most of my stuff from (SFR). Tim is a great guy and will give you a realistic point of view.
I am a ferm believer that a street car should be able to perform on pumpgas. Think about it. What if a 996 tt pulled up next to you with race gas and the boost turned up to 25lbs.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:14 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Jimbo1111.I keep hearing about Tim. Everyone seems to like him and those are great numbers. I don't know if you've read my other posts in the Vitesse Page but I only run race gas strictly for precautionary measures. I never run over 1.1 bar. or 17 psi. I guess if a 996 tt pulled up next to me with gas and 25psi, I'd make the sign of the cross, make a split second check in my mind that I made sure I had enough cash for another clutch, turn up my boost, thank god that I had the race fuel and hope to start catching him in third gear.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:00 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Yep thank god for that third gear.

Sounds like your car is a beast. Yes there very fast cars for 4 cylinders. Handle very well and also brake pretty good after some mods. A well rounded car. But there still 4 cylinders.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:12 AM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have to agree with DFASTEST951. PowerHaus is the way to go. If I owned a 951, it would be PowerHaus. Go have a look at their website first and than I'm sure you'll give them a call. I've heard a lot of great stuff about them on the 951.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:11 PM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any tuner can get any part, or a comparable one - it's how they apply said parts that matter. more so than that:

it's how they SUPPORT you. lindsey racing has been a HUGE help to all of my efforts, even with stuff i didn't buy from them. Same with GURU Racing. i'm not going to say anything bad or bring up other tuner's names, but several have gotten a bad rap for their lack of follow-up or after-sales support, so make sure if you choose a tuner you're not gonna be left stranded.

btw - i do have to say, if you are anywhere near tempe AZ, talk to chris, so far i've had a good start of a business relationship w/ the folks @ technodyne.

Quick Reply: 951 Upgrades what is the best!!!!!