Notices

Cup Suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 09:20 PM
Road Runner
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Cup Suspension?

Has anyone put the complete Cup suspension in a dual purpose 993? If so, what are the pros and cons from your experience? Looking for max handling, but must still be drivable on the street. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2002, 09:59 PM
DCLee
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the factory RS/RSR suspension (I'm assuming that's what you're referring to, not the H&R Cup suspension) on my RS Clubsport conversion. You can detune it a bit by going down to 700/800 or 800/900 lbs. on the spring rates. It's stiff but driveable, but only for the hardcore.

Of course, this *is* the Rennlist, right?...
Old 11-25-2002, 03:39 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Road Runner:
<strong>Has anyone put the complete Cup suspension in a dual purpose 993? If so, what are the pros and cons from your experience? Looking for max handling, but must still be drivable on the street. Thanks.</strong><hr></blockquote>

RR:

If I may expound a little upon what Lee mentioned,....

We've put a good number of these RS/RSR Biltein suspension systems on street cars successfully, given some limitations.

These struts & shocks are almost 1.75" shorter than any of the OEM and aftermarket coilover setups, and the car will sit lower than any of them, even at its tallest height.

We usually revalve them and install a street-type dual spring package; something close to 400f/600r and modify the internal droop stops. This works very nicely and the car handles & rides just fine, albeit firmly.

Its not for folks with steep driveways though, and one must learn to cross them at a 45 deg angle for front spoiler clearance.

Hope this answers you question.
Old 11-25-2002, 10:49 AM
Road Runner
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replys. Will be discussing the various options with my tech (in CT) over the next month and trying to catch a ride in a car thats already done before committing. (any CT,NY or nearby rennlisters out there with the goods?) The reworked rs/rsr sounds like what I am looking for.

Quick Reply: Cup Suspension?