930 motor in SC

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2001, 11:08 PM
Dean
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 930 motor in SC

Hello,
I just installed a 75 930 motor in my SC. I am having a problem with the stock SC rev limiter. I wired up the rear fuel pump with another relay just like the front one. I get a huge misfire at 5500 rpm. When I disconect the rev limiter I get no misfire. I am wondering why the second fuel pump has lowered the rev limit. With the orig. motor I never hit the rev limiter.
I would also like to comment on the project and the results. Doing the motor swap was way more work than I thought it would be (story of my life). I spent quite a few hours figuring out the wiring difference between the motors. I was able to wire the overboost protection in with the rev limiter. Although I am rev limitless now. The results are I have a car that goes like stink. I am using the 915 tranny and first gear is a little short now. I would like to thank Steve Weiner as usual. If you have an idea about modifying your car, do it. Don't listen to the nay-sayers.
Thanks Dean
Old 08-16-2001, 02:08 PM
Howard
Racer

Try a rev limiting rotor, pull the old one off and pop on a new one. I believe you can get them in increments of 200 RPM.
Old 08-16-2001, 02:45 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally posted by HOWARD:
<STRONG>Try a rev limiting rotor, pull the old one off and pop on a new one. I believe you can get them in increments of 200 RPM.</STRONG>
Hi Howard:

AFAIK, the Bosch rev-limiting rotors were only made in 3 flavors, 6500 RPM, 7100 RPM and 7300 RPM. Nothing else. The newest Bosch books here bear this out.

Now, the MSD rev limiting modules are made in 200 RPM increments.

Old 08-16-2001, 03:36 PM
Howard
Racer

Steve,

I know I did have a 6200 on my old 3.0 liter, it was given to me buy my former mechanic.....maybe he had it in a box for years? Was there a wider variety back in the 70's and 80's ? ....just curious. And with the MSD Digital 6 you can dial the rev limiter in increments of 100. I have one for sale .
Old 08-17-2001, 12:14 AM
Dean
Instructor

Thanks for the replys. I was wondering why the rev limit changed by adding the second pump? I will eventualy get a MSD box for my car. It's drivin season :&lt; )
Dean

Quick Reply: 930 motor in SC