Notices

Variable valves

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003 | 11:32 AM
1FastRedSC
Instructor

Post Variable valves

I need some opinions from the tuners floating around here!
<a href="http://www.aatap.com" target="_blank">www.aatap.com</a>
Old 05-28-2003 | 03:18 PM
eskimo
AutoX

I was actually talking to the guy that designed these a few years ago for testing on my golf... At that time, he was getting these dealys working for harleys and was trying to branch off to SOHC vw's. The theory is a bit wonky.. but if it works, well. great.
He wound up getting sued and so he dropped the idea of manufacturing them for a while.. I lost interest..
"there is no magic bullet."

One thing that concerns me is that with the spacer sitting on the valve, (along from high rev float) is that you seem to have more contact with the valve on head, leading to the possibillity of burned valves.
It may do a good job for a while.. but I wouldn't want to risk it on an expensive engine.

Bear in mind I know nothing about anything. But if it was a good idea, someone probably would have thought of it before.
Old 06-03-2003 | 12:07 PM
aatap
1st Gear

Hi there.

Actually i am not the guy that designed them. i just the guy trying to get more expsoure for the valves.

Nothing was "dropped" per se.The board members of EnginTec (the parent company) decided to focus the entire year on the Harley, as per the short term business plan.

I will not say that burnt valves are not a concern, but since temps are reduced from the valve's function (and this is happening on a naturally aspirated air-cooled engine), I do not see that as a major issue for water-cooled engines. Time will tell.

Quick Reply: Variable valves