Notices

964 Best performance upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 02:27 AM
Randal
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 964 Best performance upgrades

What are the best "bang for the buck" upgrades for a 1994 C2?
The best muffler? chips? Air cleaners?

thanks

Randal
Old 05-14-2003, 12:30 PM
91C2wrencher
Racer

Randle, If I had it to do all over again, I'd listen to boys on this site and do the following,

1) Cut/drill the air box cover, use and keep clean a K&N stock style filter. Rumor has it that this produces the best flow charteristics. better than cone filters.

2) Install a primary muffler bypass "cup pipe". this frees up the exhaust just enough to not lose low end torque. nice sound to.

3) Chips? Ah chips, well I've long ago forgoten which mine is, but it would certainly be worth a call to Cyntex in west chester PA and ask them as they are getting a good reputation these days as providing chips that actually do something.

4) Install a lowering kit, which one? I have a kit with Bilsteins and H&R springs and i like it, very tight maybe to much for a daily driver, but I don't drive her every day. Make sure you can get in and out of the drive way before lowering, we just moved last fall and one of the critria was that had to be able get the P-car in. Crazy? we passed on several nice homes for only that reason, my daughter still gives me hard time about it. :-) As it is right now I've got maybe 1/4" clearance if I come straight in from the street, usually approach at an angle..
Old 05-14-2003, 02:22 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Hi Randal:

Good advice about and I'd second that in principle,..... Don't forget Carrera RS adjustable swyabars, thats the only was to set the understeer/oversteer to your skills and preferences.

One other suspension option is a Bilstein PSS-9 coilover kit. Things like this depend on what and how you use the car, but the 9-way adjustability is very nice to have if you do a mix of street and DE events. We have adapted the PSS-9 for the 964 chassis.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:42 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 566 Likes on 390 Posts
If you are a little more ambitious they respond really well to cam(993ss is Motronic compatible) and accompanying exhaust(header) changes w/ a custom chip.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:07 PM
91C2wrencher
Racer

Ok, just seeing what the new avatar looks like
Old 05-15-2003, 09:11 PM
91C2wrencher
Racer

well this ones been over used but it much closer to mine

Quick Reply: 964 Best performance upgrades