Notices

Need advice on Track Suspension Setting...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 09:41 PM
D666S
Instructor

Location: San Sebastián de los Reyes, Madrid (Kingdom of Spain)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on Track Suspension Setting...

Hello everybody:

Recently, one week ago, I bought a 968 CS with a lot of track day mods (see post: "new 968CS rennlister from Spain").
Monday it was its baptism so I spent whole day in a driving course at Jarama circuit.
Fantastic, I really enjoyed the course and the day but I realized that the balance of the car was good but little bit soft in the springs since I felt like some doubts in the lean of the car, not very precise, once it was lean no problem but it wasn't a nice feeling before lean it and i think i waste some time in that transition.

As I say the car have some mods in the suspension (yellow Koni adjustable, and KW Sport springs) and the following is the setting that I found out in the car when I bought it one week ago (koni adjusted to 3/4 of hardness in the rear and 2/4 of hardness in the front, 2,1º of camber in the front and 1,5º in the rear, using Michelin PSC, finally the car was lowered to the maximum in the rear).

Since I have a 964 Turbo I want to use 968 mainly on track so I don't mind to make harder or less useful for street use.

Any idea to make it more stable in the first movement before the lean? any experience setting that car? Or any website or club who knows that specific Porsche model?

thank you in advance, regards,

Old 12-08-2006, 08:34 PM
D666S
Instructor

Location: San Sebastián de los Reyes, Madrid (Kingdom of Spain)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, do you have any advice for me?

any spring for the rear that suits the yellow koni?

thanks,

Old 12-08-2006, 09:28 PM
C5Driver951
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try the racing Forum or another 968 specific forum. This one doesn't get as much traffic.

Looking at what guys are using on race cars lately, you'll see alot of spring rates in the 600-650 lb/in range. Some who have removed the torsion bars are more like 400 front to 600 rear. The Koni Yellows seem to have fallen out of favor for KWs and Ledas as well.

Camber is based on tire, driving style, and track.

Joel Wahlsten
94 968 M030

Quick Reply: Need advice on Track Suspension Setting...