Notices

Brake pressure sensor (x-post from Racing)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 03:28 PM
jrotsaert
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Brake pressure sensor (x-post from Racing)

I installed a brake pressure sensor in my 964 RSR over the week-end and have a few questions that I hope some of you may be able to help me with...
To install the sensor I removed the brake line from the ABS pump to the bulkhead, cut a bit of tube and installed a T junction so that you had the line just like before (the horizontal bit of the T) but also an area to install the pressure sensor (in the vertical bit of the T). The issue that i MAY have is that the flaring tool that I used just did single female flares (i.e. like the top of a funnel) and I noticed that the original Porsche brake lines had a conical shaped flare. Is this an issue or will this work just fine? I have plenty of time to fix this before I try in case it's not good - either way, I will drive the car and test everything before I drive it at speed but I would value your opinions/wisdom
TIA
JM
Old 01-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Red rooster
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about looking at the union the flare goes up against ?If double flare fittings are fitted I guess you have to get the correct 2 stage flare tool.

Good luck

Geoff

Quick Reply: Brake pressure sensor (x-post from Racing)