Notices

Heated GT3 Seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Captain Tal
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated GT3 Seats

Ok, I know it sounds a little weird but hear me out.

I love heated seats. I live in the Pacific Northwest where we enjoy cool brisk weather most days of the year. Riding with the sunroof and windows open on nice days is complimented very nicely by the warmth of seat heaters and my very happy wife.

I am considering modifying the seat inserts for the GT3 Seats with the same heating element used in the regular seats. The seat inserts are available for purchase separately in different colors or Alcantara. I think it would not be too big a job to insert the heating elements in to these aftermarket inserts and enjoy a high performance seat while I still bask in the glow of my warm ***.

I have attached a picture of what I believe is the heating element insert for the 996.

Part#3 996 521 539 00 backrest cushion with heating
Part#17 996 653 105 02 heating element seat surface

I have no electrical experience to speak of but it seems logical that if I use the same heating elements I could use the same plugs and control them via the same switches. Any thing about the GT# seat I am missing?

I would appreciate any feedback if you think this would work?... or if you want to flame on me for destroying my seats then you can do that too.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Captain Tal; 08-09-2005 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:22 PM
jkuniverse
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Captain Tal
... where we enjoy cool brisk weather most days of the year. Riding with the sunroof and windows open on nice days is complimented very nicely by the warmth of seat heaters ...
I live in hotter Southern California and love the heated seats for the same reason during the cooler seasons. I'm interested in the same upgrade. Have you considered seat heater products out there such as this?http://www.checkcorp.com/seat_heater/products.asp No affiliation...
Old 08-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Captain Tal
Advanced

I had not seen that product before, thank you.

I am hoping to maintain the internal Porsche circuitry with my existing heated seats.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:25 PM
krazycranes
4th Gear

Here is the link for a parts list and how to on stock heated seats.

http://www.dennisvogel.com/boxster/h...ml#costsummary

I got a quote of $1500 installed from AI Design in Thrnwood, NY.
Kevin
Old 09-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Rough_Rider
Track Day

The guys at camp914.com just sourced a good kit for $110 each. Only drawback you have to fit em yourself.

Pays your money & takes your choice.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Heated GT3 Seats