Notices

Boxster Sport Exhaust questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005 | 05:59 PM
Rotten Robby
Racer

Default Boxster Sport Exhaust questions...

I am looking for your experience with this and hope to solve a dillema.

I recently purchased the Dansk headers and sport exhaust for my '99 Boxster. When the headers arrived it was apparent that they have no bungs for the O2 sensors.

My questions of you guys are these; First, where would you install the bungs for the O2 sensors? My local Porsche shop suggests one each in the headers and wire tying the other two out of the way. This seems to me to be an invitation to problems, not the least of which would be the smog check here in California. Second, Are the high performance Cats worth adding as well? This is a street driven car that sees 5K miles per year + autocross and DE events.

I will sit back and wait for the experts to appear...

Rob
Old 03-31-2005 | 09:26 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Rob:

First, oxysensor position is quite critical to avoid CE lights and other related problems.

Second, your headers should have the oxysensor bungs already in them and if yours do not, you need to get the ones that have them. We buy many sets of these and they are available with them (in the correct position).

Third, when you use any header, you must use a sport cat since the OEM precats are built into the stock headers. A proper sport cat will have the bungs for the secondary oxysensors. Your shop will need to extend the wires for those secondary sensors since the stock harness doesn't reach.

I'd also recommend a good (GIAC) chip to match this upgrade.
Old 04-01-2005 | 04:05 AM
Rotten Robby
Racer

Steve,

Thanks for your response. The headers and sport exhaust were both Dansk brand and the headers were advertised as OBDII compatible. The retailer has offered to restock and sent me a shipping label.

I take it from your response that you are a supplier? What brand name are you talking about that has the precat and the sensor bungs in place?

I do already have a unichip and the gains were impressive.

Rob Sime
Old 04-01-2005 | 04:20 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Hi Rob:

Yessir, we do use and provide these kinds of parts to our clientel.

Please feel free to contact me directly (e-mail or phone) for specific brand information.

Quick Reply: Boxster Sport Exhaust questions...