Notices

Softronic ECU tune for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2024 | 06:52 PM
Emm_W
Intermediate

Default Softronic ECU tune for sale

I have for sale a Softronic ECU tune that is compatible with most modern Porsches — check here to see if your model is supported:

Porsche Performance Parts & Tuning

Over a year ago I purchased this tune for my 2021 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS 4.0, but never got around to installing it, and then when APR released their software tune for the 718 GT4/GTS I changed my mind and decided to try that instead (I have and have had APR tunes on several cars and have always been very pleased with them). Then I decided to sell the Cayman GTS and instead buy a Taycan GTS, and recently remembered that I still had the unused Softronic tune in my garage...

I checked with Softronic if I could return the tune for a refund, but since it had been too long since my purchase, they wouldn't take it back (fully understandably, as this was six months after my purchase); however, they offered that I could re-sell the tune to another Porsche owner since I never installed it (I haven't even opened the FedEx package, it is still wrapped as it arrived; see enclosed photo), and since the tune is actually downloaded for the specific car when the software is installed (through the accompanying cable/device/interface that connects to the OBD port; see enclosed photo), this means it doesn't have to be for another Cayman — instead it can be for any Porsche model that is supported by Softronic (but only the first time the tune is installed of course; after that it cannot be changed or re-sold again).

I paid USD 1,495.00 for the tune + USD 70.00 for shipping, so in total USD 1,565.00, and I am now selling it for only USD 1,200.00 including shipping worldwide from Sweden, so if you're interested in a Softronic tune for your Porsche, this really is a great deal (as a comparison, the tune for the 718 Cayman 4.0 still costs USD 1,495.00, but if you want the tune for e.g. a 992 Turbo, that tune otherwise lists for USD 1,995.00).

As I've never tried a Softronic tune, I really cannot comment on them, but from what I've read both here and in other Porsche forums they are great (the reason I initially chose them :–), and I also have had a positive experience from interacting with Scott at Softronic (again, not being able to return the tune for a refund after six months is fully understandable, and I'm pleased I was allowed to re-sell it this way instead).

Let me know if you have any questions.

--

The FedEx package (the blurring of my name is only added to the photo, it is not on the actual package)

The cable/device/OBD interface