1973 911 T/E looking for street upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2022, 12:37 PM
Jsancho007
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 1973 911 T/E looking for street upgrades

Hi all !!!
I have a bit of an admin issue with my 1973 911 (thanks to Brexit) and I was looking to sell it in the UK to get a 993 where I live but I'm struggling to sell it at my price. Part of the reason of the swap is the fact I don't feel safe in the car. I'm not an experienced driver and I never raced cars, so I use it for weekend street fun only. Anytime I've gone above 70 mph the car feels inestable (makes loads of noises and vibrates a lot), breaking has never been an issue but I feel they could stop me quicker too and anytime I have driven it a bit late in the day I felt the lights were poor.
As time is passing and I'm starting to miss my car I'd like to ask the community here for help as quite likely I'll keep the car. Basically I'm considering keeping my car and make it safer (or at least feel safer).

I don't feel I need torsion bars as the car is not gonna race, I don't need hard racing suspension (atm I use Bilstein in good condition) but not sure if something can make it feel more stable, maybe better breaks (probably) and probably to some extent new front lights? Any other upgrades you could/would recommend?

To some extent I feel as if I'm trying to create a modern car feeling and the fun is in being like it is atm. So should I save the money? Or should I go for some of this racing classes and try to enjoy this beast?

Basically HELP !!!

Quick Reply: 1973 911 T/E looking for street upgrades