Notices

Front Rotors 944

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 11:34 PM
924martinirossi
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Rotors 944

I redone my front bearings today and noticed that there is cracking on the rotors. Last week after the Autocross I pulled my wheels off to check the bearings as the Tech inspection found them "loose". I didn't have any cracking then. Yesterday I done some closed wheel racing with the SCCA, so I suspect the high speeds and heavy breaking did it.

The pads are currently Pagid.

My questions are:

1. Upgrade to better calipers and rotors?
or
2. Just replace the rotors?

The car is a 84NA.

Michael
Attached Images  
Old 04-05-2004, 01:21 PM
Jim Clark
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What pad are you running? Do you have air ducts? I've been running Hawk HP Plus pads with no rotor failure at all and had plenty of brake. I'm going to try the Blues next. I would replace the rotors with slotted as this will dissipate the heat better and clean the pads as well. I would stay away from drilled as they crack even worse. Hope it helps.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:28 PM
924martinirossi
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The brakes are Pagid. I don't know the compound as the part numbers on the pads do not cross. I believe drilled rotors are safe now as some manufactures radius the edge of the holes. If the holes are drilled straight thru the heat builds up on the edges leading to failure.

I do not have air ducts. Yesterday when I redid the front bearings I unbolted the dust shield. Maybe that will help a little.

When I replace the rotors where is the best place to order them from? I've looked on the web and I want to stick with a company that Rennlisters are satisfied with.

Michael
Old 04-08-2004, 02:15 PM
RedHot951
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I would recommend Performance Friction Pads....... they are amazing.

www.powerwerks.net has them.

Quick Reply: Front Rotors 944