Notices

991 GT3/ Going lot faster on track AND having more comfort on road

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 04:48 PM
Captain_
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts
Default 991 GT3/ Faster on track AND having more comfort on road

Going lot faster on track with more comfort on road? Sounds like a contradiction?
I worked with the thesis, within in one hour be able to rebuild my car and have the best of two worlds. I think I succeeded. Bergmann RacingI have often trough the years browsed rennlist and am always amazed by level of American owner knowledge in these cars and that all you guys seem to do repair, upgrade and service work on their own cars. Thats just impressing.

My life started a couple of miles north of Stockholm/Sweden with my German parents in the mid sixties.

I had a father who was an engineer and inventor and ex ww2 pilot. I quickly understood that things figured out in your head often not were products that you could buy.

His workshop became the place to get hold of those things and workshops since then have been my dance floor all life. Many years later I now sit and try to give you an explanation of why I feel I can make difference in the Porsche aftermarket scene. My brother imported a 1974 Porsche Carrera 2.7 in the early 80's. That car never dropped out of my system. It became my benchmark for sport cars. I have also worked with concept motorcycles for the last 30 years and advanced vehicle geometry solutions. As my kids got older they started trying to convince me buying a sports car again. Finally I bought a 991.1 GT3 in January 2019. I wanted A comfortable "US" version without cage (saving 40lbs) and without the ridiculous sport seats supplied in the CS package only fitting overweight people, but with all other features like Sport Chrono, front axle lift and so on. I found one here in Sweden with this spec. I had some colleagues driving Porsches and one of my friend Linus started this group called "Freunde des Elfers", we are now about 20 people driving track days. Some of us also try to visit Nürburgring every year. I also had the luck getting to know a really good racing driver. Im thinking of my friend Moritz Kranz, in my book one of the most talented European drivers at the moment. He has a remarkable interesting story and has raced a lot of GT3 Cup and GT4 cars. He did yesterday put his LMP on P1 in booth quality and race in Daytona Florida yesterday. He and his team Muehlner Motorsports America will next also participate in 24hr of Daytona. Muehlner Motorsports America

The first season-19 I drove my 991.1 GT3 completely stock as it was delivered from factory. I quickly realised that the custom parts scene that I know from the motorcycle world not is present in sports car world for modern sports cars, not at least i Europe. My love for driving things has always been strong. As a child I grew up with Go-carts. later I became a Pilot and am now an airline captain. Too analyse the physics and psychology behind the driving is thrilling. Making the vehicle parts doing fast driving easier is the ultimate goal. My thesis was to build a modern GT Porsche to run with a higher degree of comfort on the road and way faster on the track with one hour of modification. I think I succeeded in that mission- Bergmann Racing

Keep healthy/ Dieter

Place: Heaven. Just diving into carousel

Moritz showing how to drive at Nürburgring

Moritz giving instructions

Had just overtaken APEX McLaren 620

Track day Gotland Ring

Tack day at Mantorp Park

Comfort mode

Track mode one hour later

Last edited by Captain_; 02-01-2021 at 10:18 AM.
The following users liked this post:
CLeagones (04-01-2022)
Old 01-28-2021, 12:36 AM
Surfndav
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

Beautiful car, thanks for the story.
The following users liked this post:
Captain_ (01-28-2021)

Quick Reply: 991 GT3/ Going lot faster on track AND having more comfort on road