Notices

911 Brake tech help

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003 | 08:51 AM
911racer
Rennlist Member

Default 911 Brake tech help

Hi,

I am trying to increase the rear stopping power of my 76 911 race car. I do not want to go full blown big reds or the like because of weight.

I have modified 944 turbo calipers on the front and they work great. I love them, They have never faded or boiled the fluid. I would love to do the same to the rear, but the best I seem to be able to do is get them to mount with about 1/4" of the pad hanging off the top of the rotor because the rotor is not large enough in diameter.

The question is, is there any other rotor that bolts up to my hub directly that is a little larger. I already have the Carrera rotor on it (which I think is a little larger in diameter) but, is the 964 larger and bolt on, or is there some other rotor that will do the job.

Also, I have seen the page on rennlist that is brake tech and talks about the rotor diameter and width, but only the front. Is there a page that talks about the rear as well.

Thanks

Ed
Old 12-31-2003 | 11:04 AM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Default Re: 911 Brake tech help

Originally posted by 911racer
Also, I have seen the page on rennlist that is brake tech and talks about the rotor diameter and width, but only the front. Is there a page that talks about the rear as well.
Bill Verburg has the specs for front and rear for most 911s on his web site.
For 944 sizes, you'll have to do some more digging.

TT

Quick Reply: 911 Brake tech help