Notices

986 Boxster Roll Bars

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 03:39 PM
thegiant24
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 986 Boxster Roll Bars

Hey all, I own a 99 Boxster that I plan to use for Track Days. One hurdle is a broomstick test which is obviously a popular topic of discussion with these cars. The BK Bar extension seems to be the go to solution combined w/ a floor mounted bucket, however I recently discovered a 4 Point Roll bar offered by Stable Energies that completely replaces the stock one and allows you to keep the top.

http://www.stableenergies.com/Roll-B...o/SD%2DP66RWB/

Does anyone have any experience with this one?

I’m 6’7” and need all of the Roll bar clearance that I can get!
Old 02-17-2018, 01:17 PM
PGas32
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 104 Posts

I don't have any experience with that particular roll bar...but at 6'7", you're going to need to bolt a fixed-back race seat to the floor of your car to gain the most amount of headroom. That will also mean using a 5-point harness (that Stable bar has a harness bar built in to it) and a steering wheel that does away with your airbag. Using a factory hardtop and gutting it will gain you some additional room.

I looked in to doing exactly what you're describing back when I first got my Boxster. However, I knew that my end-goal was to go racing, so I did it all in one shot and just put a cage in the car. Not sure what your ultimate plans are, but if you want to compete or if this is a dedicated track car, just do it once and do it right.

FWIW, Stable Energies has a good reputation and I'm sure that bar is a quality piece.

Quick Reply: 986 Boxster Roll Bars