Notices

991 C2S/C4S/GTS Tarret caliper studs with Girodisc rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 03:54 PM
summability
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991 C2S/C4S/GTS Tarret caliper studs with Girodisc rotors?

Hi all,

I'm waiting to hear back from Ira at Tarret Engineering but figured I'd ask the question here as well. Anyone running the Tarret brake caliper studs with Girodisc rotors? If so which stud length front and rear and do you need the Tarret spacer kit for the front or rear?

What does Girodisc provide for caliper spacers, I think I've seen 6mm front and 12mm rear?

Thanks!

Last edited by summability; 10-17-2017 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:40 PM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by summability
Hi all,

I'm waiting to hear back from Ira at Tarret Engineering but figured I'd ask the question here as well. Anyone running the Tarret brake caliper studs with Girodisc rotors? If so which stud length front and rear and do you need the Tarret spacer kit for the front or rear?

What does Girodisc provide for caliper spacers, I think I've seen 6mm front and 12mm rear?

Thanks!
Giro Disc Spacers are 6MM for the front and 12MM for the rear. This is for the standard set up for the front. They also offer a rotor with hat that allows you to run the GT3 pad up front. The caliper on the front of your car is the same as the GT3 but for unknown reasons Porsche made the hat enlarged on the 991S and GTS. The larger hat doesn't allow you to the GT3 pad. Giro Disc has made the hat smaller so you are able to run the GT3 pad. If you go with the GT3 set up there are no spacers in the front.
AS to how long the studs should be....call Ira and ask. The GT3 set up should take an 85MM the stock set up should be 95-100MM....Again call Ira.

ApexPerformance.net
Premier Racing Outfitters

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: chamerly@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist-10 on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor
Old 10-17-2017, 05:11 PM
summability
4th Gear

Wow, awesome! Thanks for the great info, had no idea moving up to the GT3 pad was even an option. Definitely going to go that route. Thanks again!
Old 10-19-2017, 06:17 PM
Tarett Engineering
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Without the Giro Disc rotors, you'd want the 85mm size studs. The 6mm and 12mm spacers brings it to a theoretical 91mm and 97mm. Our closest sizes are 85mm and 95mm. I think the 95mm size is your only option in back, and has a good chance of working. Used with the 95mm Giro adaptor sleeves. In front, you're right in the middle of the two sizes. It's possible that ether would fit, but we haven't tried it and there's only one way to know for sure. If you'd like to try one or the other or both, you can return whatever doesn't get used.

Ira

www.Tarett.com | Sales@Tarett.com | 858.674.5573

Check out our new Suspension Package Designer

Old 10-20-2017, 06:29 PM
summability
4th Gear

Thanks Ira! I'll order both sizes and report back here with the results.

Quick Reply: 991 C2S/C4S/GTS Tarret caliper studs with Girodisc rotors?