Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Jackpoint jack stands for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 07:57 PM
Bigalfromfl
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Jackpoint jack stands for sale

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $275
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911, Other Marques
Location (Region): SouthEast
Item Condition: Used

I'm selling my Jackpoint jackstands with Porsche block/pads. They work fantastic and are a must for anyone who works on their own car!

I'm selling them because I bought a lift and don't need them any longer.

From their site:

This is the same Jackpoint Jackstand base with a shorter low profile jack pads for lower cars. This is the recommended pad and stand combination for Porsche 911's (1987 Carrera - 991), Porsche Boxsters and Caymans (all years), Chevrolet Corvettes (C5 and C6), BMW's (with adapter block). (Note: Corvette C7's should use the Recessed pad with Reverse Logic Corvette adapters). When selecting Jackpoint Jackstands choose the jack pad style that will work best with your car. THE LOW PROFILE PAD IS PICTURED ON TOP OF THE BASE.

I'm looking to get $275.00 shipped. (US only)

Old 11-14-2016, 08:59 PM
PCA7GGR
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Jacks

I'll take them if price includes shipping. PayPal OK?

Thanks

Sergio
Old 11-14-2016, 09:16 PM
Bigalfromfl
Rennlist Member

Sergio...yes, shipping is included. They are yours! Will PM you.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:42 AM
Bigalfromfl
Rennlist Member

SOLD!!!!!! Thanks PCA7GGR!!!
Old 11-15-2016, 03:16 AM
windblow
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What a quick sale this was! I was looking for a set to buy for the 911 and at the time they were out of stock. As a compromise, I went out and bought a set of 4 low height jack stands (10.5"-14") and this did the job perfectly. It's well documented that if you put your jack underneath the rear jack point of the 911, you can raise both front and rear of same side of 911 to put jack stands underneath, provided you have low enough height jack stands. I have no need for the Jackpoint jack stands now.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:10 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 492 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by windblow
What a quick sale this was! I was looking for a set to buy for the 911 and at the time they were out of stock. As a compromise, I went out and bought a set of 4 low height jack stands (10.5"-14") and this did the job perfectly. It's well documented that if you put your jack underneath the rear jack point of the 911, you can raise both front and rear of same side of 911 to put jack stands underneath, provided you have low enough height jack stands. I have no need for the Jackpoint jack stands now.
Windblow,

How do you get the rear jack stand under the jackpoint if you're jacking the car from that point? I totally agree that the jackpoint jackstands up front are largely superfluous (I use them up front because they're bullet proof, but you can jack from the rear and use Esco stands I suppose) - but how do you get the rear jackstand on the jackpoint without a jackpoint jackstand?

Jim
Old 11-16-2016, 04:59 AM
windblow
Instructor

Originally Posted by Foxman
Windblow,

How do you get the rear jack stand under the jackpoint if you're jacking the car from that point? I totally agree that the jackpoint jackstands up front are largely superfluous (I use them up front because they're bullet proof, but you can jack from the rear and use Esco stands I suppose) - but how do you get the rear jackstand on the jackpoint without a jackpoint jackstand?

Jim
I raise my car from the rear jack point, then put my rear jack stand under the rear cross member and the front jack stand under the front jack point, all at the same time. I go to the other side and repeat the same procedure. I can then remove all 4 wheels. If you only need to secure the rear after jacking up, then one jack stand under the rear cross member is needed.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:23 AM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 246 Posts

I raise my car from the rear jack point, then put my rear jack stand under the rear cross member and the front jack stand under the front jack point, all at the same time. I go to the other side and repeat the same procedure. I can then remove all 4 wheels. If you only need to secure the rear after jacking up, then one jack stand under the rear cross member is needed.
So, essentially you have a tripod, using only three stands, right? Interesting take. I do similar but use the cross member for jacking, and jack points for stands. I am still very nervous about the "rocking" action of lifting one side, then other, front, then back.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:29 AM
windblow
Instructor

Originally Posted by JTT
So, essentially you have a tripod, using only three stands, right? Interesting take. I do similar but use the cross member for jacking, and jack points for stands. I am still very nervous about the "rocking" action of lifting one side, then other, front, then back.
No, I use all 4 stands. I put two on the rear cross member, one on each side close to the suspension arm of that side. There's absolutely no rocking action - it's solid stable at all time.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:37 AM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 246 Posts

Ahh....makes sense. Thanks for the clarification
Old 11-16-2016, 09:57 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Windblow, have you considered reversing the process and jacking up the rear cross member and placing the jack stands under the proper Jackpoints? I know there are many folks out there who jack on the rear cross member or the engine, but I greatly prefer to stick to the manual and only jack in the prescribed Jackpoints. That's the real beauty of the Jackpoint jack stands.

Cheers!

Jim
Old 11-16-2016, 11:16 PM
DriftKr6l
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Windblow, have you considered reversing the process and jacking up the rear cross member and placing the jack stands under the proper Jackpoints? I know there are many folks out there who jack on the rear cross member or the engine, but I greatly prefer to stick to the manual and only jack in the prescribed Jackpoints. That's the real beauty of the Jackpoint jack stands.

Cheers!

Jim
​​​​​​jacking by the engine ?
Old 11-17-2016, 01:32 AM
windblow
Instructor

Cheers!

Jim
If you jack up the rear cross member and place the jack stands under the rear jack point, then there's no place to put the front jack stand when you use the front jack point to jack up the front. As I stated earlier, If you jack up the car from the rear jack point, you can place both front and rear jack stands in place at the same time.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:06 PM
Rikky001
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you jack up the rear cross member and place the jack stands under the rear jack point, then there's no place to put the front jack stand when you use the front jack point to jack up the front. As I stated earlier, If you jack up the car from the rear jack point, you can place both front and rear jack stands in place at the same time.
Fully correct; Rear first than front. Work fine on my 4S, takes 2 minutes maximum.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:00 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

I guess I'm not fully following, and perhaps its my 993 perspective?

First let me say again I have no interest in jacking the car on anything but the Jackpoints. That's the whole point of the Jackpoint jack stands, pun intended.

As far as process, I jack the right rear Jackpoint with a Jackpoint jackstand top on the floor jack and jack the car high enough to get a jackstand under the right front Jackpoint. Lower the floor jack onto the jackpoint stand for the right rear, and the repeat the process on the left side.

So I guess I'm wondering why cant you jack the rear up high enough to put a jackstand under the FRONT corner AND the rear corner Jackpoints in one fell swoop. Again, pardon my ignorance if this is a 993 thing.

Quick Reply: Jackpoint jack stands for sale