Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Jackpoint jack stands for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 01:08 AM
windblow
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $275
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911, Other Marques
Location (Region): SouthEast
Item Condition: Used

Originally Posted by Foxman
I guess I'm not fully following, and perhaps its my 993 perspective?

First let me say again I have no interest in jacking the car on anything but the Jackpoints. That's the whole point of the Jackpoint jack stands, pun intended.

As far as process, I jack the right rear Jackpoint with a Jackpoint jackstand top on the floor jack and jack the car high enough to get a jackstand under the right front Jackpoint. Lower the floor jack onto the jackpoint stand for the right rear, and the repeat the process on the left side.

So I guess I'm wondering why cant you jack the rear up high enough to put a jackstand under the FRONT corner AND the rear corner Jackpoints in one fell swoop. Again, pardon my ignorance if this is a 993 thing.
You're right. If you have the Jackpoint jackstands, you can do this. I was saying that you don't need the Jackpoint jackstands to do the same thing. Instead of you placing the jackstand under the rear jack point, I placed my stand under the rear cross member. The difference was my stands cost $20 a set and available everywhere as compared to $299 + $35 shipping and on back ordered with Jackpoint. They're nice, but on a 911, not needed.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:46 AM
dragon993
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

how heavy?
Old 11-20-2016, 03:05 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 213 Posts
Default Options

I won't argue with anything that has been said here. There are differences of opinion on where one can place a jack and lift a 911 or any other car. I also won't argue that Jackpoint jack stands aren't quite expensive when compared to a $20 pair of stands (or other more expensive stands). However, you can pay quite a bit more for conventional stands that offer the kind of footprint and stability of Jackpoint jack stands. Not everybody feels the need for that kind of stability and there are alternatives. Jackpoint Jackstands offer an option. Unfortunately, the size, material, and US manufacturing make them quite expensive to make. We only sell direct because our retail compared to manufacturing costs is too LOW to offer wholesale pricing to vendors. Indeed, our basic cost is higher than what would be a standard wholesale purchase price. We have considered ways to make them cheaper and found that the decrease in price wasn't enough to justify the decrease in quality. Would you feel better buying Chinese made Jackpoint Jackstands for $275? That was the price difference for an equivalent imported product. We prefer to stay here with US manufacturing. I don't say we are the only option, I say use whatever option you select with caution.
Attached Images  
Old 11-20-2016, 10:09 PM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 140 Likes on 95 Posts

I have standard stands and Jackpoints. When I bought my Jackpoints, I inadvertently ordered 2 sets. After using the first set and seeing the stability, I decided to use all four and have not regretted it. It's great having the car feel 100% secure when the wheels are off and I'm under it. I'm a very satisfied customer.
Old 11-21-2016, 01:06 AM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 370 Posts

+993. Nice to see something is still made in the US with pride. Thanks for what you guys do!
Old 11-30-2016, 03:14 PM
PCA7GGR
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

The stands drive today. They are huge and solid - not even FedEx could hurt them - ;>) Thanks
Old 12-01-2016, 12:10 AM
P-nache
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They do look quite stout. Am thinking I want a set, too. Happy Holidays, everyone.

Quick Reply: Jackpoint jack stands for sale