Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

1987 944S Rolling Chassis

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 01:39 PM
yellowline
Under the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 944S Rolling Chassis

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $250
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 924/931/944/951/968
Location (Region): NorthEast
Item Condition: Used

I have a 1987 944S rolling chassis for sale.

I got the car with the intention of going through it and rebuilding it into a track car. Unfortunately, I now live and work 100 miles away from where I am keeping the car. I don't have time to finish the car. The engine and transaxle are currently out of the car, and will be available for sale soon.

Please keep in mind that I spent a significant amount of money on the car. I am not trying to profit from it - in fact, I will probably take somewhat of a loss.

I am asking $250 for the rolling chassis. I am losing my storage space and just need it gone. For that, you get:

-Shell with clean Massachusetts title, signed by me. Should you want to re-register it, I am not sure how that would work, as I never registered it. I will sign a bill of sale, and help you in any reasonable way I can.
-New (0 mile) master and slave clutch cylinders and slave cylinder hose.
-Four 16" phone dial wheels. I don't recall the wheel widths - whether or not they are staggered. Tires are mixed brands and not recommended for use. One wheel was bent, and I am including the replacement wheel I bought.
-Torque tube rebuilt to Clark's Garage specifications. I had a new set of Delrin bushings made when I installed the bearings.
-Complete carpet set. Most of the carpet is in fair condition. The driver's side vinyl heel rest is torn.
-The car had broken windows. I bought two windows and installed one.
-Porsche script exterior door handles.
-Rear hatch that does not appear to be delaminating. Car was stored in a dry barn, so I am not positive that it is watertight.
-Power steering rack and pump. I recommend that both be cleaned and resealed. I dislike power racks, and bought a manual rack for it. Manual rack not included.
-HVAC fan and controller in unknown condition. Never tried using it.
-Instrument cluster, not sure if odometer works.
-Replacement fender in flat black. Needs rust repair at bottom of fender, where 944 fenders typically get hit by sand and pebbles.
-944S 5/33 brake bias valve (desirable upgrade that boosts braking pressure to the rear brakes, costs $100 for the valve for your NA)
-944S/944S2 ignition module. Car yard drove before I took it apart, so I expect this to be usable.
-Axle halfshafts. I have a record from the PO indicating they were changed, but cannot guarantee that they are low mileage. I would recommend regreasing and installing new boots.
-Passenger sport seat, needs reupholstery and recommend new center and bottom cushions. Really not usable as is.
-Headlights, nose panel, and hardware
-Front valance that has seen better days
-To my knowledge, it has the complete set of relays.
-ABS pump and computer. I visually inspected the brake lines and did not find that anything was broken in the accident. Didn't drive the car fast enough to try the ABS.
-Brake calipers need to be rebuilt.

What it needs to be a complete car:

-Verbal, sight unseen estimate of $650 in frame repairs. This was done by my local body shop.
-Rust repair, mostly surface rust. There is one rust hole in the driver's side rocker panel, about 1/4" diameter.
-Paint
-Brake fluid reservoir. The nipple for the hose going to the master cylinder broke off.
-New brake pads and rotors. The ones on the car are in questionable condition.
-Tires
-Engine and transaxle. This could be a good candidate for a Chevy LS1/LT1, given that you don't have to remove the 944 engine.
-Recommend removing the aftermarket alarm. The car ran, so the wiring technically works, but I think aftermarket alarms tend to immobilize a car for no reason at the worst possible time.
-The dashboard has plenty of cracks and the drivers side seat was destroyed.
-A few interior pieces may be missing or unusable, such as the front climate control panel, the sunroof latches, etc.

I expect most people to see this and think it is best to part it or keep it as a spare parts car. The picture of the small tear in the fender well is the worst of the damage. That said, I approached it and performed all work as if I was to keep and track the car. I think it is a fixable track car.

Please note, the car does come with a hood. I do not have pictures of it available.

Pick up in eastern CT, an hour outside of Boston. I am not interested in parting it at this time. Sold as-is.
Attached Images      
Old 03-13-2013, 11:44 AM
yellowline
Under the Radar
Rennlist Member

Bump! I really need the space.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:53 AM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Thats a really good deal, If I had a trailer id take it
Old 05-08-2013, 11:49 PM
yellowline
Under the Radar
Rennlist Member

LAST CALL.

Make an offer before this weekend, I probably won't refuse it.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:38 PM
supercowboy
1st Gear

do you still have the car if so call me at 860-647-0710 between 9:30 and 5. or email me at
performanceandstyling@gmail.com
Old 06-14-2013, 05:28 PM
davidcurtis
Rennlist Member

could I just buy the door handles from you? 716-574-1596
Old 06-14-2013, 10:57 PM
buldog9
4th Gear

Will you part out? I am interested in rear Porsche lens between taillights..
Old 06-15-2013, 12:03 AM
thesauce
Intermediate

i'll buy the wheels
Old 04-25-2015, 09:37 PM
57charley
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm looking for a complete carpet set, gold, tan or black.

Quick Reply: 1987 944S Rolling Chassis