Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Sold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FS: RUF HIGH PERFORMANCE SPORT CATS from my R-Kompressor

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,747 Likes on 4,293 Posts
Default FS: RUF HIGH PERFORMANCE SPORT CATS from my R-Kompressor

Category: Engine - Exhaust
Price (no $ sign please): $500
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 997
Location (Region): SouthEast
Item Condition: Used

I recently replaced the exhaust system on my 2005 997.1 C2S with RUF R-Kompressor kit as part of a custom bumper project and have these 2 RUF High-performance Catalytic Converters leftover and available. Based on previous service records on the car, it looks like they've been installed and in service for about 20,000 miles. They look to be in decent condition, with all 6 of the mounting studs in-tact. I could not find any specs or additional information on them with respect to how many cells, what material they're made of, etc. I can tell you that a magnet does not adhere to the intake or exit pipes, but does to the cylindrical part, so I'm assuming the pipes are Stainless Steel and the cat parts are regular steel.

They do, however, both have a rattle inside of them, and looking in with a light from the end, the material that's inside is solid and looks to be in good shape; what's causing the noise is the entire internal part sliding back and forth 1/2"-3/4" in both linear directions and a bit side to side. I could not hear any rattles when driving the car and didn't learn about this until taking them off.

They don't have any numbers or brand on them, which is why I've added the one extra attachment. It shows all the components of the RUF R-Kompressor Kit and circled in the photo are what the press releases and reviews of the kit refer to as RUF Sport Cats or RUF High-performance Cats. You can see from this photo and from the included photos of these from me that they're the same pieces. On that same attachment are two pricing sections from two different RUF catalogs I was able to find online. They show these CATs to be Part # R97.100.113.00X and about $4,000 or more, but included with that is the retune that goes along with the CATs package, so I have no idea what percentage of that cost is hardware and what is the RUF tuning or replacement engine management computer.

Considering high-performance CATs from Fabspeed, FVD, and others are around $2,000 and these have a rattle inside, I'm thinking maybe $500 seems like it might be the right price, but I really don't know if the rattle makes them unusable or that they just need some type of tack weld made to the inside parts, but they worked fine on my car and didn't throw any CELs.
PM me if there's any interest in these or if you know something about CATs that will tell me how critical a rattle in them is for their use or what a reasonable price for them might be. Thanks.
Attached Images    

Last edited by Petza914; 09-24-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: SOLD

Quick Reply: FS: RUF HIGH PERFORMANCE SPORT CATS from my R-Kompressor