Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FS: Refinished OEM Porsche Hood Crests

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 11:02 AM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default FS: Refinished OEM Porsche Hood Crests

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $100
Private or Vendor Listing: Vendor Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911, 912, 914, 924/931/944/951/968, 928, 964, 986, 987, 993, 996, 997, Cayman, Race Car
Location (Region): NorthEast
Item Condition: Used

Rennlist Members Christmas / Holiday Sale!!!!!

I've made a few of these for friends in the past and have a number of additional crests for sale. I usually sell these on eBay for a "buy it now" price of $125. Rennlist special is $100 shipped.

This is a full size OEM Porsche Hood Crest, carefully bead blasted and refinished in low gloss / flat black baked on enamel. Each piece is bead blasted to remove the cracked, faded or chipped cloisonne / colored enamel. It is then sprayed with a coat of self etching automotive primer to ensure proper paint adhesion.

The primer coat is followed by three coats of automotive grade enamel. Each coat is baked on after application to guarantee durability of the final finish.

Your crest will also come with a new OEM emblem gasket (Porsche Part #90155921520) and two OEM emblem retaining nuts (Porsche Part #99959142303).

The perfect accent for your Porsche. A great match to the black model designation on your car or the black crest center caps on your wheels.

The pictures of the used emblem and the refinishing steps are not pictures of the actual badge you will receive. I can PM or email a pic of the actual item for you if interested. The refinishing pics are included to illustrate the process that each piece goes through.

You should know that all Porsche Hood Crests (901, 996 prefix etc.) are all the same size and are interchangeable. The difference in part numbers reflects subtle changes to the badge design (lettering, border etc.). This crest will fit models to include 911, 924, 928, 930, 931, 944, 951, 964, 986 (Boxter), 987 (Cayman) and 993. This will not fit 356 models as the badge is a smaller size and mounts with a single post.

CORE OPTION:

Please note I do offer a core exchange option. If you send me a used OEM Porsche Hood Crest (not an eBay knockoff or counterfeit) with both mounting posts intact (not loose or missing), and free of gouges in the face metal I will credit $15 towards your purchase of a refinished emblem. Emblems with cracked, faded or chipped enamel / cloisonne are perfectly acceptable. I do reserve the right however to refuse a core emblem after inspection if it is in unusable condition. Shipping expenses for sending the core to me are at your expense. If the core is in unacceptable condition it will be returned to you at my expense. Please let me know if you wish to pursue this option. Reimbursement for your core will be sent with your purchase.

PAYMENT:

Paypal is the preferred payment option and ensures immediate shipment of your purchase. You can pay through Paypal even if you do not have a Paypal account.

Please note that I have been a rennlist member for over 6 years, an eBay member for over 10. My feedback on eBay is 100% with 525+ positive feedback. I have also bought and sold parts on numerous occasions here on Rennlist with no issues.

SHIPPING:

USPS Shipping is included in the price of the item.

MOUNTING TIPS:

It can be difficult to stretch the factory mounting gasket around the emblem. Making the gasket pliable is the key to an easy installation. Gently heat the gasket in a container of hot tap water for 10 minutes and the stretch it around the emblem before mounting it on your Porsche.

CAUTION!!! PLEASE NOTE:

When mounting this piece make sure that the retainers are firmly screwed onto the mounting studs but DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THEM. If they are too tight the tension between the mounting studs and the crest may pop the studs off the back. There is also a chance that you can pull the mounting surface (the hood sheet metal) inward creating a dimple effect. I would suggest that instead of over tightening the retainers you apply a small amount of black 3M Trim Adhesive between the crest and the gasket as well as between the gasket and the mounting surface of your Porsche. A 1oz tube of the adhesive is 3M part #03602 and available at most auto parts stores or online at retailers such as amazon.com here:

http://www.amazon.com/3M-03602-Black-Weatherstrip-Adhesive/dp/B000CCFXYY http://www.amazon.com/3M-03602-Black-Weatherstrip-Adhesive/dp/B000CCFXYY

I will not be responsible for replacing the crest if you ignore the suggestion above, over tighten the retainers, and "pop" the crest off the studs.

Last edited by intrepidagent; 04-21-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:37 AM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Considering making some refinished crests using Cerakote. Details on Cerakote here from the manufacturers website:

http://www.nicindustries.com/cerakote.php

It's a ceramic finish that is normally used on firearms. Comes in a variety of colors, EXTREMELY durable. I've purchased military black and stainless (which is a good match for silver rear model designations). Let me know if you're interested. I'll post some pics when I have completed a few.

Regards: Jim
Old 01-26-2012, 01:53 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Planning on making a few this morning to fill orders from this week. If you would like one for your car as well please let me know so that I can include it in this run.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:16 AM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Crests going out Monday to:

Juan L. - 1
Chuck E. -2

I have additional completed crests available as I made a few extras while making the ones that Chuck and Juan ordered. PM me if you're interested in one.

Additionally if you have picked one up from me and installed it on your car I'd love to see some pics!

Best Regards: Jim
Old 02-11-2012, 12:24 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

I made a few in "Flat Aluminum" which is a very close match to the factory silver model designation on the back of my car. Let me know if you're interested. Same price as the flat black and also includes the gasket and mounting nuts.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:13 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Going to make a few more this weekend if anyone is interested!
Old 03-17-2012, 10:24 AM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Here's a crest in two tone Cerakote (not paint). Flat silver highlights and satin black lowlights. It's now on the front of Pelican member "Rarlyl8's" car:

A crest in "Stainless" Cerakote on a 931 vented badge panel:

The color is a very good match to factory rear silver model designations.

Here are a few pics that fellow Rennlister "C5Driver951" sent me of his crest installed on his 911TTS:

If you are interested in anything similar to the crests pictured above, or you have a custom request please send me a PM. Painted crests are still $100 shipped with a new OEM gasket and two OEM retaining nuts. Cerakoted crests are $130 shipped with a gasket and nuts.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:21 AM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Here's a few pics of a few additional two tone pieces I made recently. Here's another two tone Cerakoted crest in bright stainless and military black. It went out yesterday to Pelican Forum member "sennasixty8" :

Here's a newer style crest......known as the "993" style with bright stainless Cerakote raised portions and semi gloss / satin black painted "lower" areas. The black portions look glossy due to the flash but are less reflective in reality:

If you're interested in anything please send me a PM!

Old 03-27-2012, 01:00 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

I have had to update my pricing slightly to cover an increase in the cost of core crests and time needed to work with cerakote. I have been asked by a number of fellow Rennlisters to provide a listing of available options and pricing. I have also increased the price I will pay for a useable "core". Instead of the $15 core credit for a useable crest I will now pay $25. Please see below:

Here are the options and costs:

Painted Crests:

a.) Black - Flat Black, Satin Black or Gloss Black - $110 shipped

b.) Silver / Aluminum - Flat or Gloss - $110 shipped

Custom colors and / or stock Porsche colors by request. Please PM or email me for a quote.

Cerakote Crests:

a.) Single Color - Dark Stainless, Light Stainless or Military (Satin) Black - $125 Shipped

b.) Two Tone Combination - Cerakote "highlights" and painted "lowlights" - $150 shipped

Custom colors and / or stock Porsche colors for a "Two Tone Combination" by request. Please PM or email for a quote.

Please PM or email with any questions or concerns.

Last edited by intrepidagent; 05-26-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:55 AM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

I was able to make additional crests this week using cerakote and caerakote / paint combinations. Please PM me if interested. Here's a few new pics sent to me this past week:

A gloss black painted crest made for an eBay purchaser. He requested a gloss finish to match the gloss black mirror housings on his Cayman R:

A fellow Rennlister requested the 993 style crest pictured above. It has light stainless cerakote highlights and semi flat / satin lowlights. Here's a pic of it on his 911:

Old 04-01-2012, 03:14 AM
Bobby G
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Jim - what's the satin black look like? I'm trying to match the black lettering on my '11 Gt3.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:20 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

I don't have a specific pic of the satin black but it's an almost spot on match for the semi gloss finish on factory rear lettering. If you order one and you don't agree then you can return it within a week for a refund. Or conversely I will refinish your rear script to match for a nominal charge. Let me know.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:24 AM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Will be making more to fill orders this weekend. Let me know if you're interested!
Old 04-06-2012, 02:45 PM
fullybalanced
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rcvd my the other day.... mounted it and it looks great.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:05 AM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fullybalanced
I rcvd my the other day.... mounted it and it looks great.
Would love to see a few pics!

Quick Reply: FS: Refinished OEM Porsche Hood Crests