Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Custom Grille Badge / Rear Panel Emblem - Opinions and Feedback Welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 01:16 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Custom Grille Badge / Rear Panel Emblem - Opinions and Feedback Welcome!

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $150
Private or Vendor Listing: Vendor Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 356, 911, 912, 914, 924/931/944/951/968, 928, 964, 986, 987, 993, 996, 997, Cayenne, Cayman, Carrera GT, Panamera, Race Car, Other Marques
Location (Region): Midwestern
Item Condition: Used

We've been refinishing hood crests and wheel centers for the past five years for our fellow Rennlist members and other dyed in the wool Porsche owners / enthusiasts. During that time we've also been asked by many if there was anything we could refinish or create to add more "brand identification" to the back of their Porsches. Short of adding a second crest somewhere on the rear we didn't have an answer. There are vintage as well as cheap pot metal knockoff "Porsche Owner's Club" rear badges available on eBay etc. but I'm personally not a fan. The crest’s dimensions and features are distorted and to me it looks "cartoonish".

So... over the past year or so, as time allows, we've been brainstorming a high quality solution to fill that need. Our requirements were that it had to be a high quality piece (in both materials and execution) and reflect Porsche's rich heritage. The overall design concept is the same as the "Porsche Owners Club" badge but cleaner and less cluttered. It's also customizable in terms of finish and colors.

Here's a mockup in "Light Stainless" Cerakote with satin black and anthracite grey automotive enamel. Both the iron cross backing piece and the refinished keychain crest are solid metal and the "new" style crest in the center can be replaced with a 356 hood handle "old style" crest if desired:

We're able to install either threaded posts on the backside (so that it can be mounted as a grille badge) or 3M VHB (Very High Bond) adhesive tape for mounting anywhere.

Alternatively we could install a "S" or displacement emblem (i.e. "3.2") in the center as well

We realize this isn't a piece for everyone however we think it makes a great rear panel accent or outlaw style hood badge. (Once I put a hitch on my Cayenne GTS this might also be the best option for a custom hitch cover!) If there is some interest here amongst the membership we can also expand the options to include resin filled and nickel plated pieces as we do with our custom refinished hood crests.

The piece measures 3.5" x 3.5" and is approximately 1/2 - 3/4 " thick with the "new" style keychain crest installed. Here's a pic of the badge next to a standard size hood crest refinished in the same pattern:

We haven't set a price yet however as pictured it would be approximately $150 - $175. Just as with the hood crests we refinish the cost for more complicated pieces (resin filled, matching factory color codes etc.) would be commensurate with the work involved.

Quick Reply: Custom Grille Badge / Rear Panel Emblem - Opinions and Feedback Welcome!