Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

997 Turbo Camshaft (used)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 02:14 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 997 Turbo Camshaft (used)

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 997
Location (Region): NorthEast
Item Condition: Used

I'm selling a bank 2 camshaft from my 997 turbo. I recently had the "spun camshaft" issue and this is the cam that came out of my engine.

This is from a Mezger 997 Turbo engine. Part number 997-105-020-74. The variocam sleeve is what rotated and can be rotated back and "pinned". The cams themselves are hollow (which is how the variocam works, hydraulically). So this is would be a great replacement part for someone who wants to save some cash, slide the sleeve into proper position, pin it and use it. Overall there's nothing else wrong with it.

MSRP is $1804.

Since the dealer doesn't 'fix' any parts and only replaces parts I saw no reason to give it to the dealer to send out for refurbishing. I am open to all offers for this part. Truly a piece of artwork and I can bring myself to just throw it away. Figure someone else could absolutely find a use for it. Otherwise I could just keep it in case my other cam goes and just use this as a replacement part

here are photos.

you can see that the q-tip doesn't pass through the variocam sleeve since the holes are cockeyed.

the last photo is not a photo of this cam, it's a photo of a healthy cam where the rod passes through.

So my cam can just have the sleeve rotated, pinned, and should be good.

Any questions please let me know.
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: 997 Turbo Camshaft (used)