Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FS: Black 19" Lobster fork wheels for narrow body 997

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Laertes
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts
Default FS: Black 19" Lobster fork wheels for narrow body 997

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price (no $ sign please): $1000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 997
Location (Region): NorthWest
Item Condition: Used

FS: OEM Porsche "Lobster Fork" 19" wheels. These will fit a narrow body Carrera or Carrera S (57 offset up front, 67 offset for the rears). The rears will not fit the widebody Carrera 4 or 4S.

These were my track wheels. They were originally all silver, but I had a local shop paint the spokes and inner edge of the rim black, which is exactly how the optional black painted wheels came from the factory. The outer edge of the rim remains silver, and the inside of the barrel remains it's original grayish color. The aftermarket paint job, though quite good, is not perfect. In order to keep the edge of the rim silver they had to mask the edge and paint around it. The masking job wasn't EXACTLY round so if you look very carefully you can see where the black paint extends slightly beyond where it was meant to. This is only visible if you look very carefully at the wheels, and as they were intended for track use I didn't make a fuss.

Also, because they were my track wheels they show typical wear and tear. Though there is no curb rash whatsoever, there are some minor scratches here and there from track debris. There are also minor superficial scuffs in the paint over a few of the spokes. I've attached a few pics of the worst of these marks so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about. Realistically, they look great from 10' and it's only when you get up close that you would notice the blemishes.

These would make a great set of track wheels or winter wheels.

$1000
Attached Images        
Old 08-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Laertes
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

I found a set of silver center caps with a black porsche logo which look great with the black spokes/silver rim. I'll throw these in too.

Quick Reply: FS: Black 19" Lobster fork wheels for narrow body 997