Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FS: GT3 Cup lower control arms and trailing arms

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Laertes
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts
Default FS: GT3 Cup lower control arms and trailing arms

Category: Steering & Suspension
Price (no $ sign please): $900
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 987, 997
Location (Region): NorthWest
Item Condition: Used

For sale: 997 GT3 Cup front suspension lower control arms (also referred to as wishbones) and control arms (also called thrust arms). These came off of my 997.2 Carrera S. The stock C2S suspension will only allow for around 1 degree negative camber up front, which isn't enough for track use and will cause excessive wear of the outer edge of your front tires and reduce front grip. With these parts you can get much more camber (I ran 2.5 degrees negative) which makes a big difference in both improving tire wear and reducing understeer at speed.

I am the second owner of these parts and they only saw two track days during my ownership (I've since upgraded to a GT3RS and don't need them any more). The previous owner said they'd only seen "a few miles" but they are in perfect working order. They have the typical signs of wear with minor scrapes from installation and use. There is also a tiny defect in one of the boots of one of the thrust arms (I've attached at pic) which I can't imagine affects their integrity in any way. The control arm/wishbone also includes the mount for the leveling device for Xenon HID headlights.

$1200 plus shipping.
Attached Images      

Last edited by Laertes; 09-02-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Laertes
Rennlist Member

I've had a couple of members question my price for these parts given that Suncoast sells a Camber Kit for $1195 that also includes lower control arms and thrust arms for both the left and right. This surprised me as I based the price of my parts on the fact that individual control arms cost around $1100 EACH (not per pair) at other sites, and you'd have to add the cost of both thrust arms, so from these sites the total cost for these parts new would be at least $2600 (I'm guessing on the cost of the thrust arms and am probably underestimating so it would in fact likely be more).

Suncoast doesn't list the parts numbers for the components of their camber kit on their website, so I called them. Turns out the kit is comprised of 996 parts. This means the lower control arms in their kit are different than the ones I am selling and are not forged. This explains the significant discrepancy between their price and the price of the individual components elsewhere.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Laertes
Rennlist Member

Price dropped to $900.

Quick Reply: FS: GT3 Cup lower control arms and trailing arms