Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FS: Refinished OEM Porsche Hood Crests

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 11:16 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $100
Private or Vendor Listing: Vendor Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911, 912, 914, 924/931/944/951/968, 928, 964, 986, 987, 993, 996, 997, Cayman, Race Car
Location (Region): NorthEast
Item Condition: Used

That is a silver cerakote crest with matte black and Porsche Speed Yellow. Black with a generic yellow is $150 shipped in the US with a gasket and retainers. There is a $25 upcharge for matching a factory paint color. If you're interested please send me a PM or email jyurgealitis at gmail.com .
Old 11-22-2013, 11:17 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

D. Kinsey I make each of these to order so I don't refinish and keep stock items.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:33 AM
CoffeeMan
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Porsche Crest

Just Purchased Black on Black 993 Turbo R Sweet Car all it needs is that special Badge. really liked the look of the 993 bright stainless Cerakote raised portions and semi gloss / satin black painted "lower" you showed.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:39 AM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

I've been diverted lately by a number of family and work related issues however I'll be able to focus on creating custom pieces at a steadier pace over the next few weeks if any fellow Rennlister's are interested in ordering one.

As before each order includes free shipping (within the US) as well as an OEM Porsche Gasket and retainers.

Cheers: Jim
Old 01-31-2014, 12:29 PM
p556guy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like one please...once I decide on color.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:57 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

One of the nicer points about having this "Hobby Business" is meeting, in person as well as virtually, some great people with a shared passion for Porsches.

One of the nicer compliments you can receive is having a repeat customer. Thanks to Steve Tonizzo - "Tonizzos" on the Pelican forums - who wanted a Cerakote and Matte Black 901 style Hood Crest and matching crests for his Fuchs Center Caps. They're on their way to Luxembourg today.

Thanks again Steve.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:54 PM
mas05
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am interested in a black and GT Silver for my 996!
Old 03-03-2014, 11:35 PM
CoffeeMan
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 993 stainless cerakote/ satin black crest

Please let me know cost and delivery time. NICE!!

Originally Posted by intrepidagent
Here's a few pics of a few additional two tone pieces I made recently. Here's another two tone Cerakoted crest in
bright stainless and military black. It went out yesterday to Pelican Forum member "sennasixty8" :

Here's a newer style crest......known as the "993" style with bright stainless Cerakote raised portions and semi gloss / satin black painted "lower" areas. The black portions look glossy due to the flash but are less reflective in reality:

If you're interested in anything please send me a PM!

Regards: Jim
Old 03-04-2014, 01:24 AM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 59 Posts

Sent you a PM. For a gaurds red grey.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:22 PM
Body In White
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 168 Posts

I'm a repeat customer as well. Over Christmas I ordered a monochrome badge for my GTS from Jim's -- his craftsmanship is top notch. I just got around to taking some pictures.

...and pictures of the first badge he did for me on my 996TT some years ago.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:46 AM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Thanks for the kind words, repeat orders and the great pics Ryan. The badges really do compliment the color schemes already in place on your Porsches.

Last edited by intrepidagent; 03-21-2014 at 11:30 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:31 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

HMMMMMM..... "DE-BADGING" ?

I've been contacted from time to time by Porsche enthusiasts who've stated that they've "Debadged" their P-Cars however they couldn't truly debadge the front end unless they removed the crest and filled in the badge mounting holes. So perhaps this might work.

I call it a "K" Crest - "K" for "Kurz", the German word for short. As with all the other pieces I refinish it is a OEM Porsche Hood Crest... just modified. It can be refinished in Cerakote and any other plating option that I currently offer on full size pieces.

Constructive criticism welcomed. This one is refinished in Military Black Cerakote.

Last edited by intrepidagent; 03-21-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:34 AM
Revn29k00
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ryantt
I'm a repeat customer as well. Over Christmas I ordered a monochrome badge for my GTS from Jim's -- his craftsmanship is top notch. I just got around to taking some pictures.

...and pictures of the first badge he did for me on my 996TT some years ago.

Ryan,

Do you have black wheels on the black car? I'd like to see an all black car with the black hood badge.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:18 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Before heading to the Central Pennsylvania PCA Swap Meet in Hershey we put together some interesting refinished pieces for display and sale. We were so busy working on the pieces themselves that I didn’t have time to post any pics for those who didn’t attend.

First some variations on a theme. Our “K” Crests:

“K” Crest in Polished Nickel Plate and Semi Flat Black:

“K” Crest in Brushed Nickel Plate with Red, White and Blue:

“K” Crest in Brushed Nickel Plate:

Some fun color combinations:

A 996 Style Crest in Matte Nickel Plate with the German National Flag Colors:

Another 996 in Polished Nickel Plate with Semi Flat Black and Gloss Orange:

Additionally after experimenting with a number of different materials in order to make “Filled” crests I was finally, with the help of two friends (one a Marine Architect and the other a Chemist), able to come up with a resin compound that is workable and extremely durable. Since it’s used in Marine Construction it’s impervious to water (both Fresh and Saltwater) and UV exposure. It will easily outlast the enamel in a stock crest. After all I make these refinished pieces out of stock crests that have faded, chipped and cracked enamel. They are very labor intensive in terms of wet sanding carefully to get it to just the point where all the raised detail in the metal is showing without “bottoming out” in the filled quadrants. Before polishing and plating I’m actually down to wet sanding these with 5000 grit 3M Trizact Sandpaper. Each one is approximately 10 hours of hand sanding. Have a look and LMK what you think:

Red and Black 996 Style filled crests with Silver Plate:

And a Black “K” Filled Crest based on the older 901 Style with Polished Nickel Plate:

[/URL]

Old 04-26-2014, 01:28 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

After working more with our resin compound we've decided to offer the capability to fill and refinish Fuchs wheel centers. We displayed our test piece at Hershey and received some very positive feedback.

The piece is first glass bead / media blasted to remove the finish (just as with the hood crests). The inset / stamped center crest and the "border" ring are then filled with our resin compound. After curing the entire cap "face" is then wet sanded until the metal and resin portions are level. Both "brushed" and "polished" finishes are available. Here's a few pics to illustrate:

Here's a cap after removal from the "mould" and a majority of the excess resin removed:

After more and MORE sanding the details of the filled areas become more visible:

With the sanding complete the filled areas of the cap stand out in sharp contrast to the alloy cap material. This is how a "brushed" finish will look:

And a filled cap after polishing:

Last edited by intrepidagent; 04-28-2014 at 01:09 PM.

Quick Reply: FS: Refinished OEM Porsche Hood Crests