Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

BG Motorsports 60" Aero Wing Setup for 3.8RS Tail Base - Can bring to Sebring!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default BG Motorsports 60" Aero Wing Setup for 3.8RS Tail Base - Can bring to Sebring!!

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $1200
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911, 964, 993, Race Car
Location (Region): SouthEast
Item Condition: Brand New

***GOING TO SEBRING??*** I can bring along, will be there Jan. 31st-Feb. 5th

Pictured is a BG Motorsports Wing setup as being "fitted" on my 964 Race Car. This wing setup is BRAND NEW, in the box, only removed for fitting and repackaged once I realized I needed a wing with mounting tabs further inboard.

The first one BG sent to me was for the wider 3.8RS tail base. I supposedly have a factory motorsports 3.8RS tail base so a custom (narrower mounting points) wing and uprights had to be made for me.

Bob (of BG) has asked that I advertise the wing setup for sale AT COST plus shipping...hence the price of $1,200 + shipping charges.

This setup will fit all aftermarket 3.8RS tail bases and these are common for all post 1975 911, 911S, 911SC, Carrera, Carrera 2/4 and 993 platforms.

The wing/uprights pictured is the setup you will receive, all hardware is stainless...this is a COMPLETE kit to install an "aero" wing, using the popular Porsche 3.8RS tail base.

The wing ends in this pic are aluminum, Bob will make you a set of CF ones if you so desire, just say the word!

If interested, please PM me or call 757.286.5857 to arrange more pics, etc.

Buyer pays shipping, of course...unless we meet at a track event, etc. - I'll be traveling up to No.VA over the Holidays, so shipping COULD be FREE!!

Setup Includes:

BG Motorsports Wing - 60" with aluminum end plates (CF made by request)
1pr. Aluminum uprights (powdercoated silver)
ALL stainless hardware

Installation is very simple, you will only need to drill one additional hole on each side of your tail base for the forward mounting points...the rear mounting points should utilize an already existing hole in your tail base.

This wing is has contributed to a good 1-1.5 second reduction in lap times at Summit Point and VIR, when coupled with a front splitter setup I fabricated. (available as well, per request - additional co$t).

Last edited by Jeff Curtis; 01-25-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Still receiving a lot of questions regarding the wing setup...it will fit ANY 3.8RS tail base, the "wider" version...generally, the aftermarket fiberglass/CF fabricators make the wider version.

If you have the wider version 3.8RS tail base and want to "try out" aero, this is the setup for you.

If you have a 964, I've made a couple of patterns for an alumalite splitter, I'll fab one up for you to match the power of this wing at the rear...for half the cost of anything out there.

Again, not making a dime off the sale of the wing, the manufacturer is offering it for sale, though me, at co$t.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

If anyone is interested, I can bring this setup down to Sebring for the 48hr. to deliver.

I will be working with Bodymotion Racing, we shouldn't be hard to find.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:26 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Think you could make the picture any bigger you H??????

Quick Reply: BG Motorsports 60" Aero Wing Setup for 3.8RS Tail Base - Can bring to Sebring!!