Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

SOLD “Turbo Look I” 18” Wheels & Winter Tires - Free Ship!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 06:46 PM
logray
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default SOLD “Turbo Look I” 18” Wheels & Winter Tires - Free Ship!

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price (no $ sign please): $1200
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 986, 987, 996, 997, Other Marques
Location (Region): NorCal
Item Condition: Used

SOLD

FREE SHIPPING

To see a slideshow with many more pictures, click on the following link:
http://img52.imageshack.us/slideshow...d=img4124h.jpg

If you own an expensive set of wheels you want to keep nice and drive your car in the winter or adverse conditions you must have a set of winter wheels.

If you don’t own an expensive set and your standard wheels are tired and old and these may in fact be in better shape than what you own (or even an upgrade to what you have already).

If you don’t drive your car in the winter, stop being a garage queen. Most Porsche's handles amazingly in adverse conditions and they are well protected from the elements. They are made in rainy wet cloudy GERMANY after all, right?

Just in time for the winter. In order to raise money for an upcoming engine upgrade, up for sale is a set of original 996 “Turbo Look 1” wheels with Pirelli winter tires. The wheels have been thoroughly cleaned and several coats of wax applied, aside from some dirt/normal grim still apparent near the hub area. The wheels were professionally balanced to perfection on 9/22/11. The fronts are in excellent condition. One rear wheel has some minor scuffing on the face and minor curb rash. The other rear wheel has a fair bit of curb rash on the outside edge of the rim as well as similar scuffing to the other rear on the face. Despite this, they look pretty good after some Porsche branded elbow grease was applied, especially standing back from them a few feet. The tires will look great with some tire dressing once you receive them. For now the tires are clean and dry so you don’t grease up your hands during installation.

An average of between 9/32nds and 10/32nds tread remain on each tire. The specs on these tires are 11/32nd's new, or 9/32nd's usable tread (when brand new). That computes to an average of 80-85% of usable tread left. This basically means the tires are almost new. The tires only have a few thousand miles on them and were only driven for two winters, just enough to break them in. The wheels probably have about 45k to 50k miles on them. They are the original wheels that were on my 1999 996 vehicle before I purchased a set of Sport Technos.

The wheels have been stored during the summer for several years in a tire rack “wheel garage”. Use the storage system for your summer tires during the winter time in order to keep them nice. Be sure to place towels between each of the wheels to avoid scratching the rims. The tire garage is included FOR FREE with your purchase ($50 value).

Your purchase includes:

• (Quantity 2) P/N 99336213406 7.5 x 18” front “turbo look 1” wheel which retails for $1103.37 ea
• (Quantity 2) P/N 99336214004 10 x 18" rear “turbo look 1” wheel retails for $1241.86 ea
• (Quantity 4) Porsche center cap wheel crests
• (Quantity 2) 225/40R-18 Pirelli Winter 240 SnowSport N3 (Porsche) XL Fronts
• (Quantity 2) 265/35R-18 Pirelli Winter 240 SnowSport N3 (Porsche) XL Rears
• (Quantity 1) Tire Rack storage system
• FREE UPS GROUND shipping to continental USA lower 48 (see details below)

I am also selling a set of snow chains that fit perfectly onto these wheels. Check out my other for sale items. If you buy the wheels and chains, I will take $100 total off your purchase of the chains.

$1200 (firm) for the wheels. The tires cost me nearly $900 alone a few years ago, so this is a FANTASTIC deal especially since it includes free shipping, and because they have so much tread left. Don’t drive in the snow? They are SUPERB in the rain compared to your summer tires. You can run them on dry pavement and they are N3 rated, so you can feel confident on the turns because of the Porsche rated sidewall stiffness – although they are certainly not oriented towards performance, instead they are balanced between traction and handling in wet conditions. They are an absolute blast on loose conditions or snow. If you have a C4 and drive in the wet or snow you need PURE snow tires to really enjoy it. I only had the joy once to drive them once on snow and ice, and loved every minute of it.

SHIPPING & HANDLING POLICY

FREE local pickup in Grass Valley, CA.

FREE GROUND shipping and handling to ship this item via UPS or FedEx to lower 48 continental US addresses only. I have shipped wheels before and they will be professionally wrapped.

For ALL other shipping methods or destinations you will need to pay the entire shipping cost, please inquire with your shipping address to get a shipping quote (example Hawaii, Alaska, or International) – in these cases you will be required to pay for the entire shipping cost. UPS Ground takes 2-7 business days in transit depending on your location. The wheels will ship within 24 hours of full payment. A tracking number will be sent to you via email when the item ships. I ship extremely fast, sometimes within hours of having received payment. Please inquire about other shipping methods before bidding. I reserve the right to substitute shipping methods, for example FedEx or even hand carry if you live close enough.

International customers, please inquire with your mailing address if you are SERIOUSLY interested (please don’t spin my wheels unless you are really interested because it takes time and effort to work out the logistics). These wheels are heavy bulky items and they will very extremely expensive to ship internationally. I will ship internationally if you pay for the shipping which varies drastically based on method and destination. Upon delivery you may also be responsible to pay duties, taxes, customs, or other fees which your country requires for import of used automotive parts.

RETURN/REFUND POLICY
All sales are final. Item(s) are sold as pictured.

PAYMENT OPTIONS
To get your item shipped quickly, payment via paypal is highly preferred. Payment or initial communication from the winning bidder must be received within 24 hours otherwise I reserve the right to relist the item.

TAX
I do not collect tax, even for California sales. However you may be responsible to pay use tax depending on where you live.

Last edited by logray; 09-25-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:39 PM
logray
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

SOLD. Thanks!

Quick Reply: SOLD “Turbo Look I” 18” Wheels & Winter Tires - Free Ship!