Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 06:04 AM
dragan
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Default cold start noise

hi guys
after two week my 14 panamera 4 is in shop
porch is trying to pinpoint noise coming at cold start only.
i will post short clip on cold start i record.please let me know your opinion on this problem. (when car starts you will hear click)
thanks

respond from porch shop
day 1

Thank you for reaching out. We have heard the noise twice today. We removed the underbody panels and need to hear I again while in the air so we can center on exactly where it is coming from. So far it is not major but seems to be possibly pressure related to the transmission. Its tough to diagnose when you have to wait 3 to 4 hours before you can recheck. Bear with me, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this by tomorrow.

day 2

Good day sir. We have slowly centered on the area the noise is coming from. Now they are working to figure out if it is considered abnormal. We are comparing another Panamera to yours. Sorry this is taking so long, it is averaging 2.5 hours today between noise duplication.

cold stary 1.mp3
Old 06-26-2017, 12:09 PM
cerbomark
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I hear it. My 15 doesn t do that in case they tell you that they all make that sound... Wonder if it s got something to do with the start/stop function (engine cutoff) system. If you have that??
If you do I assume you didn t try starting with that function off?
Old 06-26-2017, 12:25 PM
dragan
Instructor

Thanks
I have star/stop and I keep my off will see what will happen today
i will get info from dealership today hopefully
Old 07-02-2017, 09:34 PM
dragan
Instructor

fyi cerbomark:

Thank you for all your patience. We have successfully worked through all inspection check lists. We have compared 2 other like Panameras to yours and found they display the same sound after sitting with variable pitch and volume. We have inspected all components associated with the noise and found no failure or issue requiring mechanical repair. We did however find the clock on the dash was missing it’s second hand. We replaced that for you at no charge. You are welcome to pick it up any time that suits your scheduled. Thank you for giving us the time to properly check out this issue.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:48 AM
cerbomark
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I d now just drive it and enjoy. Your complaint is documented in case something happens down the road. How is the clocks second hand missing, LOL, not a big deal either but strange.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:44 PM
panameraLA
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*message deleted*

Last edited by panameraLA; 05-31-2018 at 10:39 PM.

Quick Reply: cold start noise