Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Anyone Driven a 2017/2018 Panamera e-Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 04:27 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone Driven a 2017/2018 Panamera e-Hybrid?

I have one on order (now delayed for 2 months), taking the risk that the reviews on the whole are pretty decent and you can normally trust Porsche to build something excellent. The problem is, it will be one of the first in the UK and will likely arrive along with the demonstrators. The dealer has not driven one and neither had the people I spoke to at the Silverstone experience centre.

So my question is, has anyone on here actually driven a 2017/2018 e-Hybrid? If so, please say good things only! My understanding is it is not comparable to the previous generation, which is good because I drove the Cayenne e-Hybrid and that just did not quite work in my opinion.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:56 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ajriches01
I have one on order (now delayed for 2 months), taking the risk that the reviews on the whole are pretty decent and you can normally trust Porsche to build something excellent. The problem is, it will be one of the first in the UK and will likely arrive along with the demonstrators. The dealer has not driven one and neither had the people I spoke to at the Silverstone experience centre.

So my question is, has anyone on here actually driven a 2017/2018 e-Hybrid? If so, please say good things only! My understanding is it is not comparable to the previous generation, which is good because I drove the Cayenne e-Hybrid and that just did not quite work in my opinion.
nope! I test drove the 4S and loved it so I ordered the e-hybrid under the assumption that it's the same or very similar to drive as the 4S. all the reviews were awesome and so I didn't want to wait for a demonstrator. My dealer has promised me an overnight loan when they get their demonstrator, although that's a little too late to get my deposit back if it sucks!

ps. I'm still waiting on an update on the delay to the e-hybrids. no news yet.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:00 AM
ajriches01
Racer

I did want to ask you if any update but resisted...

I pressed the dealer last week but don't think he has any idea. Just said they don't want to sell you a car then ask for it back for a 6 hour software update. But that may explain a week or two, not 8! On the plus side, as I have now parted with the beloved 911 he has assured me I can borrow what I like (within reason). So a C4S cabriolet has been booked for the May bank holiday : )
Old 05-03-2017, 06:03 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ajriches01
I did want to ask you if any update but resisted...

I pressed the dealer last week but don't think he has any idea. Just said they don't want to sell you a car then ask for it back for a 6 hour software update. But that may explain a week or two, not 8! On the plus side, as I have now parted with the beloved 911 he has assured me I can borrow what I like (within reason). So a C4S cabriolet has been booked for the May bank holiday : )
that's very good of them to offer that. I have a trip away to France at the end of June and so really need the car for then! if it's not going to happen then I'll be asking for a loaner for the weekend.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:05 AM
ajriches01
Racer

I think a lot of toys will be thrown from a lot of prams if it actually nudges up to the end of June...

Quick Reply: Anyone Driven a 2017/2018 Panamera e-Hybrid?