Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera AC Odd Non-Operational Issue

Old 05-01-2017, 01:04 PM
efdoyle3
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panamera AC Odd Non-Operational Issue

2015 Panamera AC had a 2 hr outage on me this weekend. AC has had no problems in the past on very hot days. This Sat, 90 Deg F, it was working fine for 2.5 hrs, I parked and Now the issue: On the return trip the blower fan sounded like it was working but only a trickle of air was coming out of the vents. It sounded like the main blower damper was closed or blocked. NO AC in any of the vents, Windshield, dash and floor; Front and rear, Nothing! I was doing 90MPH on the turnpike and did not want the wind noise so I kept trying switching off, Auto etc. but go good. When I got off the highway I turned A/C system off and opened the windows for remaining drive home, ~30 min. The A/C system has now reset and working fine.
Has anyone had similar A/C or blower issues? Any Advise?
Old 05-01-2017, 04:12 PM
fgv1it
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

It could be that something blocked one or both of the front radiators. Once I had a similar experience in a 911, and when I stopped to check, a plastic grocery bag had blown through the grill and was neatly blocking the right radiator. The only symptom was borderline performance of the AC. Once the bag was removed, the system returned to normal.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:35 PM
eamus
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exact thing happened to me two years ago, on the way down to Hilton Head Island. Fortunately there is a dealer there who checked the car thoroughly. Never did find a fault and it never happened again. When the A/C first went out on me, I did all the "right" things including stopping the car, switching off the ignition and locking it - I even stopped for a coffee in case it was some icing on the condenser or similar. It just seemed not to want to work that day and the A/C system has been flawless ever since. Weird.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Panamera AC Odd Non-Operational Issue