Panamera GTS Rear end Wobbling

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 12:06 PM
Morrisadam
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panamera GTS Rear end Wobbling

Hello to all of You!

I have a problem with my 2013 Panamera GTS.
The rear end of the car started to wobble all of a sudden when I would go over a drain cover or a pothole. And only the rear.
I went to a car shop to dignose the suspension but everything was fine except a rubber mouning in the lower wishbone which was replaced, but still the same.
The car has an air suspension.
Anyone has an ide what can it cause this?

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2017, 08:51 AM
vanbellebart
1st Gear

I am really surprised the shop did not find another worn bushing. If there is truly no other suspension member with excessive play, then the next thing to check would be the bearing housing. A little crack can go a long way...

This happened to a friend of mine, was not a Porsche, though. Had been in the shop intermittently for 6 months without resolution. The car would swerve at unexpected moments. I postulated that the bearing housing was loose. The shop finally found the crack in the housing, replacing solved the problem.

Got a free dinner out of that one.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:15 AM
Morrisadam
6th Gear

Hmm interesting.

Thanks for your help! I will get it checked and keep this updated.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:35 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Owned a 2013 PGTS and after about 25k miles chassis warning light came on and dealer fixed the problem, which was with the air suspension, quickly under warranty. Apparently this was a common problem. Highly recommend Porsche dealership service. Why take chances with something so critical? Maybe I am biased, as the two Porsche dealerships I have dealt with in the past few years have exceptional service techs and managers, but with all respect to indie shops, such a recent model might not be familiar to them yet.

Quick Reply: Panamera GTS Rear end Wobbling