Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

2010 Panamera S issues after dealer inspection.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 11:04 PM
SQPana
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Panamera S issues after dealer inspection.

I've had my 2010 Panamera S for almost a month now. I drive a ton for work. So i figured driving it for a month everyday would be a good idea. So within this month I've already put about 3500 miles on it and no issues other then the brake ware warning came on last Tuesday. I already knew she needed brakes and rotors and had appointment to have her looked over Last Saturday. So i take her in to Porsche dealership to get a her looked over via a used car inspection just to see if there was anything that I need to know and be prepared for.

Once more before I took it in to be inspected she ran perfect no issues, the only thing I knew i needed to change the brakes and rotors and maybe the drivers door lock actuator.

So after the inspection they told me exactly what I thought I needed rotors and brakes and that the driver's door actuator needed to be replaced they also said that it had a weak battery and that I needed to get it replaced other then that they said she was in perfect condition

But after this inspection I drove the car the next day and now I have a PSM fault and a transmission fault and she misfires on cylinder 4 & 5. So I call the dealer back and they told me that low voltage could cause all kinds of issues with the car and that I needed to go ahead and get the battery changed, so I went and bought a brand new gel cell battery and installed it . but after the installation all the interior lighting lights was brighter everything seemed to be fine but I drove the car about another 10 miles and I got the same thing. I stop turn her off and on a for time. It goes away. So drive like another 20 miles and it runs perfect. I but her in sports plus mode and had sport mode error. I called the dealer they said the system my need reseting hmmmm.

Again as I said before this inspection my car ran perfectly for 3700 miles not one issue besides needed to change the brakes anyone have any thoughts?

On she seem to go thru quart of oil ever 1800-2000 miles which from understanding is normal.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:14 PM
cerbomark
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Most newer cars of this type are greatly impacted by low and weak battery...
As far a resetting I don t know. I was wondering if the system will re check and correct warnings as you drive it.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:25 PM
SQPana
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here at the dealer now. Misfiring causing the issues. 6 of the coils are the out dates units i was told with cracks in the casings. 2 have been replaced before. So i just having them do plugs and the coils.

Quick Reply: 2010 Panamera S issues after dealer inspection.