Panamera pad clunk/knock sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 10:23 PM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Panamera pad clunk/knock sound

Recently performed a four wheel brake job on my customers 2014 panamera

Got all the brake pads from a third party parts store that only deals in German car parts all oem quality parts.

Never had a problem with any of the parts from this place before, but this time it was an issue.

Just want to share what I found so maybe it can save someone else a headache in the future. Got oem rotors for front and back, rear trw pads and front jurid pads. Everything looked the same, but the front pads would knock if you applied the brakes light going forward or backwards, also could hear them over light bumps in the road.

I changed the anti rattle clips and caliper bolts when the job was performed, had the pads in and out a couple times, finally decided to get the pads from the dealer, pads looked exactly the same. When I installed the dealer pads I could tell that the clips are the top pushed down on the pads harder and fit a little tighter. Knocking sound was gone.

Anyone else ever have this happen with a different set of pads on these cars? I have used jurid pads plenty of times and never had this problem.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:17 AM
cerbomark
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Could not the clips on the bad pads be bent to make them tighter?
Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-08-2016, 09:46 AM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by cerbomark
Could not the clips on the bad pads be bent to make them tighter?
Thanks for the tip!
The rattle clips are in the caliper, not clips on the pads. The part that sticks up is part of the pad so that cant be changed.

Quick Reply: Panamera pad clunk/knock sound