2013 GTS Start Up ECU Mapping

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 06:38 PM
91Dude
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 GTS Start Up ECU Mapping

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I appreciate all the great info guys share here and I've learned a lot and love the car. So my question is one I'm sure no Porche guy asked, ever, and I may have to turn in my man card but here it goes.

When I start the car it revs to about 2500 rpm and is quite frankly a bit obnoxiously loud. Due to the location of my garage, neigbors, and kids room it's too loud as I often leave for work in the middle of the night and wake everyone. Not to mention I look like a juvenile when starting it up anywhere else. I know it doesn't have to rev/start so loudly since when it restarts using the auto restart function it restarts like a normal car.

So my question is does everyone else with a GTS experience the same thing and can the ECU be reprogram to not rev so much on the initial start? Thx in advance.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:03 PM
P. Viby
Advanced

It is normal what it does. Don't think you can remap ECU for that.

It is a trademark for the GTS version, and if you ask me it is awesome. ��
Old 07-05-2016, 07:12 PM
Skidmarkz
Intermediate

I believe that the valves need engine vacuum to hold them in the quiet position (closed?). They could be held closed during auto start/stop since that only lasts for a brief period of time, but I doubt the vacuum can be held for longer periods of the engine being off.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:26 PM
The M
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't answer your question specifically, but in general many cars have a cold fast idle to warm up the catalytic converters ASAP for improved emissions. Maybe that's what Porsche had in mind. Since it's a normal idle when warm this makes sense to me.

Quick Reply: 2013 GTS Start Up ECU Mapping