Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Iphone cable run and mount

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 03:09 PM
efdoyle3
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iphone cable run and mount

I just purchased a beautiful service loaner 2015 Panamera 4, 7K miles, equipped with BOSE Surround Sound and many other options. "What a Sweet Ride" and you think I almost made the mistake in listening to friends who tried to steer me to the Audi S7.
The Cell Phone (iphone in my case) USB connection is located in the center console. I determined the best place and way to mount my iphone is using a vent type cell phone mount on the left center air vent. I use many of PCM features that require hard wire iphone connection and I need the charging as well, via USB lighting cable, I also use/love Waze for nav and police location reporting and Siri. I want to minimize the exposure of the wire run. I think my options are hack into the back of the "Radio" or Hack into the USB connector inside the center console and run the wire up to or thru the vent to the cell phone mount. Any other ideas, thoughts or opinions would be appreciated. Also how do you remove the radio on a 2015 Panamera and how do you remove the center console compartment and left center console trim?
Old 03-19-2016, 10:06 AM
balazskontes
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if you need to do all this work, when you can use AUX-BT (Bluetooth) to get everything that you need. Download "Aha" app for your phone and you're good to go, and when you need to charge your phone use the cigarette lighter with a converter. Using the USB outlet will not work with your phone and Bluetooth, as it will consider your phone as IPod and PCM will disable the Aux-BT channel.

Quick Reply: Iphone cable run and mount