New To Me - Panamera GTS

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 07:05 PM
Sean Busby
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New To Me - Panamera GTS

Good Afternoon / Evening / Morning:

I have just purchased a 2013 Panamera GTS that was CPO. I drive quite a bit, and I've been very impressed with the car the last four days. It's very comfortable and seems to "go" pretty well.

I have been reviewing the forums and do have a few questions:

Performance
Besides cosmetics, intakes, and exhausts, are there any further engine performance modifications that people do? Or is the performance market for the Panamera pretty small? A bit down the road, it would be fun to think about.

Dallas - I currently live in Dallas, and would like to road course just a few times a year. Anyone local and have any suggestions of where to run around here? I've lived here 1 month, so I'm not sure where is suggested.

Any good roads in the area?

Thanks for your help!
Old 02-19-2016, 04:43 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not much for performance modifications that I am aware of for GTS or other normally aspirated models. Stock exhaust is excellent, as are the stock 20" wheels that are available IMO.
CotA in Austin is where the 991 TTS folks go. Must be some tracks closer to Dallas. I have driven a PTTS at Barber Motor Sports Park in Birmingham and as a passenger in a PGTS there and they both rock. One of the drivers at Lime Rock Park up here last season had a PTTS and he was keeping close to our 991 TTS's and 991 GT3's, which tells me that a good driver can do a lot with the Panamera on a track. Porsche instructors at BMSP Porsche driving school prefer the PGTS to the PTT or PTTS. Only comment I had from one of them is if I track my PGTS I might want to remove the front wheel well liners. He said that it would increase brake cooling by like 50-60%, which sounds like a lot, but this guy was a factory Porsche driver so I am sure had direct experience with the PGTS on track.

Quick Reply: New To Me - Panamera GTS