Panamera 2010-Current

Thinking of buying a Panamera GTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 08:15 PM
RAASpeedster
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Thinking of buying a Panamera GTS

I had the opportunity to test drive a 2015 Panamera Turbo S on Saturday and was totally impressed with everything. It was a little too pricey for me so I found a 2015 GTS with 11,600 miles for $109,900. It has a lot of nice options. It listed for $133,460 and was sold in March, 2015. The CPO warranty takes it out 6 years which is really comforting. What is a good offer on my part and do these cars have any inherent problems that I should be aware of. The link is below. I will have to have it transported across the country so I have to take that into consideration too.

http://www.porschescottsdale.com/det...-14504402.html
Old 01-04-2016, 06:35 PM
alaint101
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Tough question but I think it should be at least 5 lower.

Case: I picked up a new, 2015 GTS MRSP @ $136k for $112k from dealer. The 2017 will be different. They have '16's on the floor. They need to move it...
Old 01-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Skidmarkz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How far away is it optioned from how you actually want it optioned?
Old 01-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Jafetica888
Advanced

Sounds expensive - just found a loaded 2013 GTS with only 5000miles for $80
Old 01-05-2016, 10:08 PM
balazskontes
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jafetica888
take it! Is it CPO-ed?
Old 01-05-2016, 10:12 PM
RAASpeedster
Rennlist Member

The few things it doesn't have compared to what I would want, are not that critical. I would like the 20" wheels to be black but the salesman said they can't swap out different wheels. I find that hard to believe actually. I would have put the Porsche crest on the seats and maybe red or silver gray seat belts. Insignificant. I would not have ordered the cruise control that controls the distance but something tells me I would probably like it. It has a carbon fiber steering wheel which is heated. I don't love that since the CF gets hot as you know what in the summer. I didn't have a lot of confidence in the salesman. He was trying to tell me that the tire tread left was in mm. instead of 32nd of an inch. You would think they would know this. I offered an even 100K and he didn't even come back with a counter offer. Just said no. I will probably just wait for the refresh in 2017. My Cayenne has 140,000 miles and is running great.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:48 AM
TTCarrera
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

You will love the GTS.

On 6/30 I paid $118k for one with a $128K MSRP. So $109K for an 11,000 miles 2015 seems a bit high. But obviously, just keep raising your offer $1,000 each time until they say Yes.

Because your problem is that you are in Scottsdale in early January and that dealer is part of the Penske organization. They are very smart, well-run company. Right now, Scottsdale is flush with an extra 25,000 affluent luxury home owners who are there for the winter. They know that someone might walk into the dealership today and not even blink at over-paying for the price they ask.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:57 PM
Skidmarkz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RAASpeedster
The few things it doesn't have compared to what I would want, are not that critical. I would like the 20" wheels to be black but the salesman said they can't swap out different wheels. I find that hard to believe actually. I would have put the Porsche crest on the seats and maybe red or silver gray seat belts. Insignificant. I would not have ordered the cruise control that controls the distance but something tells me I would probably like it. It has a carbon fiber steering wheel which is heated. I don't love that since the CF gets hot as you know what in the summer. I didn't have a lot of confidence in the salesman. He was trying to tell me that the tire tread left was in mm. instead of 32nd of an inch. You would think they would know this. I offered an even 100K and he didn't even come back with a counter offer. Just said no. I will probably just wait for the refresh in 2017. My Cayenne has 140,000 miles and is running great.
I think it's possible that the tread depth is measured in mm, not /32 inch. My CPO sheet does specifically say mm tread...and 1mm is longer than 1/32 of an inch so whatever number shown is better in mm than in inch.

I had a few "Must Haves" on my GTS requirements, which made it quite hard to find the perfect one for me. For me, the must haves were LCA, 18-way seats, and SportDesign Wheel. A brand new one wasn't in my budget, but with you looking at '15s, maybe you should do a custom build.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:15 PM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Jafetica888
Recently picked up a CPO 2013 GTS for $81k. Love the car
Old 01-09-2016, 05:19 PM
RAASpeedster
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all the input. I think I will build a new one myself and that way I don't have to settle for not having a must have option. I am heading out to AZ at the end of March. If that car is still there I might lowball them and see if they bite.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:58 AM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default good idea

Originally Posted by RAASpeedster
Thanks for all the input. I think I will build a new one myself and that way I don't have to settle for not having a must have option. I am heading out to AZ at the end of March. If that car is still there I might lowball them and see if they bite.
Get what you want, whether CPO's or new. If you compromise, at least do it a a price that is comfortable for you. I got a low mileage '13 CPO'd PGTS in Nov '14 with everything that I would have ordered, otherwise I would have passed.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:38 PM
yuanshiang
Intermediate

i'm also in the market for a PGTS and was wondering what peoples' opinions are on CPO vs used. i understand that CPO implies a Porsche dealership is involved in getting the car ready for sale, performing various checks and using OEM parts for any repairs that may need to happen.. but is the CPO premium truly worth it?
Old 01-13-2016, 03:39 PM
Preeble
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would always prefer CPO vs. used and would place a $2k to $3k premium on a CPOed car. For the prices that these cars are, that is a small premium to pay. CPO = peace of mind!
Old 01-13-2016, 04:35 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

CPO is well worth the modest extra charge. There is a long checklist from the Porsche CPO program certification that you will receive, but be certain to check everything that you reasonably can on the list before dong the deal. Porsche requires dealers to, among mechanical and electrical functions, correct any cosmetic/body irregularities to stock condition. It is very easy for someone to check all the boxes on the checklist without actually performing the checks or corrections. Things like required interval service or tires are easy enough to check. If the dealer is not going to change oil because the car is a few months or a few thousand miles before the required interval be sure to ask them to take care of those items before a deal. My recollection is that PCNA wants to know if dealers actually delivered a CPO'd car in accordance with its specifications. I realize that this may sound cynical, but experience is a good teacher and the dealer should have zero problem with your inquiry of their completion of he checklist. if they do just walk.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:56 PM
Skidmarkz
Intermediate

I paid for the CPO because of the horror stories I've heard about 3rd party warranties. I bought the car expecting that the out of pocket repair costs will exceed the CPO premium.

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying a Panamera GTS