why sometimes brakes act like this

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 07:49 PM
solrac6262
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default why sometimes brakes act like this

Hi guys,

its hard to explain, I think I was having the same feeling on my 13 F150..

when almost coming to a full stop I need to brake with a controlled motion of my foot, kind of controlling the brakes otherwise if I hit the brake pedal as I normally would do on my Cayenne, it will not brake and stop smooth as a synchro motion engine and wheels as I want to, it will do it a bit sooner but with slight hesitation or like it the car wanted to keep moving, of course its something slight noticeable, not sure if its the brakes or the transmission that might need an update?? or I just need to reset the transmission to learn my driving habits.

on the cayenne if I hit the brake pedal it will stop smooth and I don't have to control the motion, hope it makes a little bit of sense and also when the rpm needle is drooping almost to a complete stop I can get this slight vibration and once fully stopped it will go away, more like the idle drops and picks up again

thanks
Old 11-01-2015, 01:13 PM
TTCarrera
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you using Sport Plus? If so, sometimes it will downshift into 1st as you come to a stop. The higher revs will give the car a bit of acceleration.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:35 PM
solrac6262
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

no, its in regular mode, but I know what you are saying..

Quick Reply: why sometimes brakes act like this