Panamera 2010-Current

Red Calipers

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 06:01 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Calipers

I'm sure Porsche had a reason for it, but I'm disappointed my wife's PS didn't come with red calipers like my 4S does. I appears my only option is to have them painted or powder coated to have them.

Has anyone else painted or coat their calipers to be red?
Old 10-25-2015, 09:58 AM
alaint101
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I thought all 'S' cars came with red, black for non 'S', yellow for ceramics and lime green for hybrids. I stopped reading about this years ago but I don't remember ever hearing of a change. Have you asked the dealer why?
Old 10-25-2015, 12:20 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

Dealer don't know crap. Salesman just said they made a change. The calipers are silver now for S cars. I don't ask dealer anything...they just want to sell cars..that's it. I have yet to met a Porsche salesmen that drives a Porsche!

At least in my area. What a bummer. Just a job for them...they are not into the cars, just the commission.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:33 PM
alaint101
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RaidersR1
Dealer don't know crap. Salesman just said they made a change. The calipers are silver now for S cars. I don't ask dealer anything...they just want to sell cars..that's it. I have yet to met a Porsche salesmen that drives a Porsche!

At least in my area. What a bummer. Just a job for them...they are not into the cars, just the commission.
Sucks to be in your area.

My rep drives a Boxster, gets answers for every one of my questions even if it means calling Germany, and sends me emails about all sorts of stuff I care about at least once a month. She even invites me to all sorts of events like driving on snowy hills or concours or wine tastings...

I think you can find better.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:32 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

The better dealers are further away from me. Just hate salesmen...(Ha ha..I'm one) but when they make it so obvious that the commission is the only thing on their mind. The person who sold me my 997 will not stop trying to get me to buy a new model, though I tell him time and time again....I love my 997 and I'm not changing.

Lover my Indy and will go there for any work. Did by my wife's car there because they had the only White Pana S in the area. It's no big deal...I got these forums to get my answers!!
Old 10-26-2015, 07:33 AM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Do NOT "generalize", this is just negative.

"My" salesman (At Rector, Burlingame) drive as daily a brand new Porsche 991 (this is his own property). On tracks, he drives a Reynard (open wheel, full carbon body) motorized with an Audi 4 in line turbo. On Concours, (where he is also often a judge), sometime he present his own 250GT Lusso, ..that has a better than new look.

So, yes, they are car dealers where you meet Great People that have passion for great cars.
But, before doing such critics, you have to search to find them, they do not fall from the sky.

By the way, Brentwood to Burlingame, it is not that far, we have our boat very near Brentwood, ..and we do boating more often than going to visit the Porsche dealer.

PS : IMO, the GREATEST brakes on Porsche are the ones with 6 pistons, frankly, I do not give a "s..." to the color, but I do care to the max about the size of the rotor and caliper (and particularly the number of pistons).
Old 10-26-2015, 09:25 AM
Preeble
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alaint101
I thought all 'S' cars came with red, black for non 'S', yellow for ceramics and lime green for hybrids. I stopped reading about this years ago but I don't remember ever hearing of a change. Have you asked the dealer why?
That is true for the 2-door models, but not for the Cayenne and Panamera (and who knows about the Macan). Specifically:
- Base models get calipers painted black
- S models get calipers painted silver, but they are the same size as the base units (no difference in brakes)
- GTS and Turbo models have red calipers, have bigger rotors (and presumably bigger calipers as well)
- PCCBs are have yellow calipers regardless of the model of car
- New newer plug-in hybrids have green calipers. Note that the older Cayenne hybrid (non plug-in) was technically an 'S' model and received silver calipers
Old 10-26-2015, 04:58 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

Originally Posted by GVA-SFO
Do NOT "generalize", this is just negative. "My" salesman (At Rector, Burlingame) drive as daily a brand new Porsche 991 (this is his own property). On tracks, he drives a Reynard (open wheel, full carbon body) motorized with an Audi 4 in line turbo. On Concours, (where he is also often a judge), sometime he present his own 250GT Lusso, ..that has a better than new look. So, yes, they are car dealers where you meet Great People that have passion for great cars. But, before doing such critics, you have to search to find them, they do not fall from the sky. By the way, Brentwood to Burlingame, it is not that far, we have our boat very near Brentwood, ..and we do boating more often than going to visit the Porsche dealer. PS : IMO, the GREATEST brakes on Porsche are the ones with 6 pistons, frankly, I do not give a "s..." to the color, but I do care to the max about the size of the rotor and caliper (and particularly the number of pistons).

I don't mind traveling to get a car. Doesn't mean that is good either. Went to Stevens Creek BMW for our 750. Same crappy experience as I found with other dealers. I'm sure there are diamonds in the rough as with other things in life. Walnut Creek is the only place that had an S my wife liked.

Where do you keep your boat? Mine is at Whiskey Slough Marina.

Quick Reply: Red Calipers