Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Do you use your cargo cover?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 11:01 PM
Preeble
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Do you use your cargo cover?

Just wondering how many of you use the cargo cover vs having an open cargo area?

I have the retractable cover and normally leave it extended unless I have something larger that wouldn't fit otherwise. One thing I don't like is that the cover case makes it more difficult to put taller items in the trunk. I guess I value the privacy more though...
Old 10-16-2015, 12:17 AM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

No, I don't use it. The first thing I did when bringing the car home was to remove the cargo cover and store it on a shelf. I had a similar thing in my previous car, and I knew what a headache those things are. My experience is that if I have something in the trunk, the cargo cover is 90% likely to get in the way, even if it's just groceries. Not to mention bigger things that require that I fold the seat down.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:30 AM
Panaseeya
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I took it out once to get a 60" TV into the hatch and haul it home. Other than that, it stays on.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:40 AM
1Carnut
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 48 Posts

Never use mine it is stored with all the other cargo covers from cars I've had that I forgot to give it back when I got rid of the car.
Old 10-18-2015, 12:20 PM
TTCarrera
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is always on. Even if I put things in the back that are bigger/taller that the cover when it's taught, there is enough slack in the roller take-up that the cover still covers everything...as long as the hatch can close.

Not sure I can envision a situation where/why I'd take it out. If I'm going to park the car for a few hours and have valuables in the car that I can't take with me (like golf clubs, briefcase, etc), what am I going to do? Leave them all laid out on the back shelf for every homeless derelict, drug addict or car prowler to easily see???

Have we every had any reports of a Panamera being broken into by someone wondering IF there is anything under the cover?

Quick Reply: Do you use your cargo cover?