Panamera 2010-Current

To the Shop Already

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 08:41 PM
murdog
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default To the Shop Already

New 2014 Panamera Turbo, 1400 miles and had to have it towed to dealer this week. Started it and had no center console controls and dash read "Engine control fault Drive on possible." Let car sit a while and started again, same results. Dealer recommended towing. Questions are 1) Anyone else experienced this and have a resolution? 2) Is it Porsche policy to provide loaner car or up to dealership? Thanks.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:26 PM
pmichaelis
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2010 4S had a brain fart the first year that I owned it, all sorts of craziness that cleared on restart. I took it to dealer who had the computer reprogrammed and have not had the problem since.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:43 PM
robhamster
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a 2012 P4S that went into limp mode last November and resulted in needing a new engine with 20K mi. The local dealership did the work full warranty and gave me a Panny to drive for the 3 weeks my car was in the shop. Good luck.

I have had the occasional computer wobble that always seems to go away with a restart, but once the radio did not work, the dealership did an upgrade to the software and it fixed the problem.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:54 PM
dnsacks
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

our dealer gives us a loaner for warranty work as a matter of course -- same policy our VW dealer followed . . . . I'd be VERY disappointed (and complaining loudly) if my new/under warranty Porsche car needed to be towed to the dealer and the dealer refused to provide me with a loaner while it was being fixed . . . regardless of whether it's a porsche corporate or dealer-specific policy . . .

Quick Reply: To the Shop Already