Panamera 4s help

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 09:07 AM
PP4sCape town
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panamera 4s help

Hi Guys

I am from Cape Town in South Africa and new to the forum. I would appreciate you thoughts and input on the issues I have with my Panamera 4S.
It’s a 2012 model with 55 000km/35000 miles on the clock. The car is down on power and the exhaust note not as loud as usual. You can hardly get it to 5000 revs in 4th gear where it starts stuttering almost like a misfire and then goes into limp mode with error message sport mode error and engine malfunction.

Had the vehicle at the Porsche dealer for a few days and they changes the plugs and coils and also tested the fuel pump. On pickup today I drove 20 km before the same happened. I really can’t understand how the dealer can’t notice the loss of power and problem. I can’t go to another as we have only 3 Porsche dealerships in South Africa and the next one is more that 1500km away from me in Johannesburg.

My thought are that it might be blocked cats as our fuel is of a much lower quality in SA as that you have in the US and UK. I would really appreciate your input as only a few has been sold in SA and the dealers clearly does not have a clue what might be wrong.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4s help