Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Buying a New Panamera - A few questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 01:06 PM
pedgett
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a New Panamera - A few questions

We are looking to order a new 2014 Panamera 4S or GTS. My wife wants an aggressive looking Luxury Car. Here are our questions:
- On the GTS can you turn the Sport Exhaust on and off? What is the normal setting?
- Can you get the GTS front end on a 4S?
- Are red calipers available on the 4S?
- Is PDCC worth it?
- Besides Sport Chrono, Air Suspension, and Premium Plus, what else is a must have?

Any advice will be appreciated
Old 10-14-2013, 03:18 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Hi,

All personal preference of coures.

4S - you can get a body kit for the 4S that is the same as the GTS - but it is $5k - so if you want that better to get the GTS.

GTS is sportier - only differnece on ride is it always rides 10 mm lower than the 4S - both are the same on Sport Plus - albiet the GTS suspension settings are optimized.

If you are thinking 4S or GTS - you will find once you start checking boxes that the GTS is a better value as it comes standard with items that are options on the 4S.

On resale the depreciation of the 4S will be much higher than the GTS.

PDCC is definately worth it.

Sport Exhaust has a button on center console and can be turned on an off. GTS is a bit more aggresssive (even off) than 4S. Sound of the GTS is great.

Options to consider:
1. Lane Change Assits - must have on a Panamera
2. PDCC
3. Burnmeister Stereo - best stock stereo I have heard - well worth the $ if you like tunes.
4. Interior options are endless and personal preference - on the GTS the Carmine red stitched Alcanta seats look great

If you keep your cars for awhile then check some boxes when building your car so it is personal to you, so everytime you get in you love it. The cost is not small, but over time it won't make much difference.

Good luck with your decision.

Last edited by supercup; 10-14-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:10 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with all that Super said, with the xception of the Burmeister. I am a huge music fan, but for 99% of your needs, the Bose system is great. Pluys, with the sport exhaust, I find that the music is really "background" anyway I say get the GTS...hands down best car I have ever (ever) owned

Quick Reply: Buying a New Panamera - A few questions