Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

'12 Porsche Panamera Turbo w/ Vorsteiner kit, SpeedART Power Kit, ADV1 Wheels & more

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 03:53 PM
GMP Performance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default '12 Porsche Panamera Turbo w/ Vorsteiner kit, SpeedART Power Kit, ADV1 Wheels & more

The Panamera is naturally deceptive. With its size and weight, it usually shocks a person just how quick and effortlessly it moves itself around. With this latest project, we're going to enhance that deception even further.

Similar to a building, it all begins on a strong base with a ton of small details that make a big difference. Add a little (or in this case, a lot) of visual pizazz and you will have an idea of what the end result will be when we're all done with it.

On the performance checklist is a 16" Brembo Gran Turismo big brake kit, Sprint Booster system, as well as a power kit by speedART, which includes Sport mufflers, mid pipes, high flow cats, ECU upgrade and intercoolers.

And what's a sports car without a little show? This Panamera will be sent off and fitted with a full Vorsteiner body kit, custom paint and red carbon fiber interior, Hofele spoiler, and ADV1 wheels. Even the pedals get some new style as we replace them with aluminum tiptronic sport pedals.

Needless to say, this Panamera is guaranteed to earn more than its fair share of double takes and turned heads as it cruises the streets, heavy, powerful, and incredibly stunning.

Parts Included:
Brembo Big Brake Kit
3-Way Adjustable Sprint Booster
speedART Turbo ECU Upgrade
speedART Carbon Engine Cover in a custom color
speedART Turbo Power Kit I
Vorsteiner V-PT Sculpted and Vented Rear Bumper Cover w/DVWP Flat Bottom Panel
Hofele Rivage GT Turbo Rear Spoiler
Vorsteiner V-PT Vorsteiner Front Bumper, V-PT Front Bumper Cover DVWP Including Carbon Fiber Lower Splitter and V-PT Front Bumper Optical Carbon Fiber Intercooler Ducts
Vorsteiner V-PT Full Carbon Fiber Sculpted Side Skirts
speedART Custom Color Seat Belts
speedART Colored Gauge Face and Instrument Dials
speedART Custom Colored Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
speedART Sport Pedals
speedART Lowering Module
ADV1 ADV5.2 Wheels
BMC High Flow Air Filter

To the build!

Interior Removal and Installation
Out with the old...

In with the new!

speedART gauges

All lit up

speedART Exhaust
When you have big projects like this, the probability of never hitting a single snag is extremely rare and the Panamera was no exception to that rule.
The SpeedArt exhaust system which was selected was designed to work with both the factory Porsche rear fascia and the SpeedArt body kit, but unfortunately the tips sat too low to fit with the Vorsteiner body kit.
Once the Vorsteiner bumper was installed, we found the geometry of the tips would not allow them to properly fit into the openings of the bumper. The bumper was designed to fit a very basic tip, and the opening is very narrow. The speedART tips are very large (100mm each) and required an exact fitment. In addition, the fabrication of the tips were done at certain angles.
To retain the tip design, we had to disassemble the tips by cutting them apart into sections, and fabricate new angles to weld in. Then the tip itself had to be removed from the piping by hand cutting the old welds off because the tip style had to be rotated to form a correct alignment. The tip piping was measured, fabricated and then tacked together.
The tips were then repeatedly installed and torqued to spec throughout each additional tacked piece to insure that the tips were fitting correctly. Once the final pieces were tacked in place, the piping was welded all around. After they were completed, they were installed and adjusted to fit. The car was driven to get up to temperature and then they were adjusted to make sure there was clearance during expansion. The tips were then sent to get powder coated to match the wheels. Once they arrived back, we had to sand the tips at the mounting points to get them to fit and then install, adjust and torque them. A number of modifications were required, but in the end the result was worth the effort.

Stock tips and exhaust

New one installed

Something doesn't look quite right here...

Back to the drawing board

Through ingenuity and lots of work, they all get done. And it's totally worth it.

Powder coated, installed and all finished

The Brembos

Before And After

Our customer came wanting something unique, distinct and one-of-a-kind and we were happy to deliver. All in all, we're quite proud of this build and we enjoyed every part of it. This one will definitely leave a lasting impression on anyone who sees it around town.

For more on this build and to see all 352 photos, including more on the power kit, lowering module and high flow air filter, visit our gallery here!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:35 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that interior is really fresh. never seen anyone do that type of work
Old 03-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 197 Posts

Where do you get red sport chrono faces? Do you sell them? Stunning!!
Old 03-03-2013, 02:40 PM
GMP Performance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Cpa4S
that interior is really fresh. never seen anyone do that type of work
Thanks! We really love the interior too. And its such an easy way to make your car stand out from a crowd. Not that this Panamera will have any problem with that!
Old 03-03-2013, 03:13 PM
GMP Performance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chaos
Where do you get red sport chrono faces? Do you sell them? Stunning!!
I really like the gauges too, as you can probably see by how many gauges picture I included when building this post! Haha

The gauges are made by speedART. Since GMP Performance is speedART's sole US distributor, we are lucky enough to offer them exclusively.

http://www.gmpperformance.com/index.cfm?PG=detail&PID=223312

Send us a message if you have any questions.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:03 AM
tonyep
Track Day

Originally Posted by GMP Performance
I really like the gauges too, as you can probably see by how many gauges picture I included when building this post! Haha

The gauges are made by speedART. Since GMP Performance is speedART's sole US distributor, we are lucky enough to offer them exclusively.

http://www.gmpperformance.com/index....ail&PID=223312

Send us a message if you have any questions.
How long does the gauges swap takes?
Old 03-14-2013, 05:15 PM
GMP - Matthew
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tonyep
How long does the gauges swap takes?

I will get with out techs on the labor end, the actual ordering process takes about 2 weeks from speedART in Germany to produce the gauges.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:28 AM
O.B.1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW !!!!!!
Great Job
Old 03-18-2013, 05:17 PM
GMP Performance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by O.B.1
WOW !!!!!!
Great Job
Thank you sir.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:41 PM
PCC
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay .. I'll take the heat .... not a fan of the black hood and I absolutely hate the interior ... especially the red gauges .. While many on this board claim to "love it" ... I'd bet most wouldn't buy a Panamera decked out in this fashion ... owner is going to take a hit when he sells also ... BUT ... his car and he should do what he likes .... craftsmanship looks top notch

Last edited by PCC; 03-22-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:51 PM
mzn50
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Spectacular and unique
...right up my alley !

Well done..
Matt
Old 04-03-2014, 07:36 AM
1Carnut
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 48 Posts

You're not the only one, though I admire the work (and changing gauges takes about 2-3 hours in other Porsches I have done) I do not find the outcome appealing at all. I think these cars look best with subtle changes like the sport design kit but as soon you start going all out they start looking like clown cars. and I really do not like the big wheels I wonder how much weight and mass those things are adding to the car.

[QUOTE=PCC;10323431]Okay .. I'll take the heat .... not a fan of the black hood and I absolutely hate the interior ... especially the red gauges .. While many on this board claim to "love it" ... I'd bet most wouldn't buy a Panamera decked out in this fashion ... owner is going to take a hit when he sells also ... BUT ... his car and he should do what he likes .... craftsmanship looks top notch[/QUOTEY
Old 03-01-2016, 07:39 PM
Mareno32
4th Gear

Default my kit for sale

I just sold my Panamera and am nowselling my Vorsteiner bodykit as well as my Wurde.jp rear bumper+diffusor, Techartslip-on exhaust pipes, Modulare B18 21 inch front+rear wheels in Basaltblackmetallic and the matching summer and winter tyres (2x Michelin Pilot SportAlpin PA4 Front 245/30 R21 91W, 2x Michelin Pilot Sport Alpin PA4 Rear 295/25 R21 96W, 2xMichelin Pilot Super Sport Front 245/30 R21 91Y, 2x Michelin Pilot Super Sport Rear 295/25 R21 96Y).Summer tyres are about 60% and winter tyres around 70%.
The Vorsteiner bodykit consists of: VorsteinerV-PT Front bumper, Vorsteiner V-PT Blinker Covers, Vorsteiner V-PT RadiatorDucting, Vorsteiner V-PT Side Skirts, Vorsteiner V-PT Ducktail
Price for the whole set is € 10.000,- excl.VAT (original price € 22.861,04 excl. VAT).
Delivery withing Europe is € 500,-, deliveryto the United States is € 1500,-
Contact me at Mareno@yes-salons.com
Here some pictures of my car with thefull kit:
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: '12 Porsche Panamera Turbo w/ Vorsteiner kit, SpeedART Power Kit, ADV1 Wheels & more