Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera Tire Problem Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 03:53 PM
56truluck
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is an N rated 18 inch all season option- the Nokian WRG2. Nokian markets this tire as a winter tire in Europe but sells it as an "all weather", 4 season tire in the U.S. I have used it on a P4. It is a solution wotth considering if you do not want to change wheels/tires with the seasons. I agree with the posters who recommend the summer/winter swap which I do myself. However, if you don't want to do the change over, look into to the Nokian option. The WRG2 is sold in the Panamera 18 inch sizes by Tires by Web.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:38 PM
neuneleven
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cmnt
So nueneleven, if you do work for Porsche, dig in, roll up your sleeves, make a few calls and see for yourself if what I am saying is true. Otherwise, move away from the keyboard and/or at least have the courtesy to read my posts before you respond. Cheers
I extensively read your post and I certainly am not keeping off my key board on orders from you. Best of luck with finding a solution.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:48 PM
fredke
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Porsche and the missing rubber

I sympathize worth your plight as I experienced this utter oversight myself when in 2016 there were 0 N tyres for my '06 997 4S anywhere in the USA, and none due to come from Michelin.
Thankfully Michelin came through in 2017 with the best tyre they have made called 4S. I got a set in 2018 and they have been fantastic. Quiet, long lasting, and grip excellent in wet lower temperatures.
If you are still driving your panamera I recommend you try a set.
The following users liked this post:
mowhawk (02-18-2020)
Old 06-22-2019, 02:32 PM
c4racer
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I agree with pmichaelis - all seasons are no seasons. They don't really work in snow, and they are no better in wet than a good summer tire, and worse in the dry. Get summer tires with good wet rating. The only area that all seasons work better than summer tires is traction in low temps - below 40 degrees. For me that's a complete non issue. For some it might be - but the difference in traction in these conditions isn't all that dramatic with the latest and best summer tires - especially those from Michelin. I have the conti's on my Panamera and they work great in the summer and winter in northern CA - where it does get below 30 in the mornings during the winter, but doesn't snow or anything. Lots of rain - especially this year. They work much better in rain than my truck on AT tires, but those do pretty good in the snow, and yes I drive in the snow to go skiing. I have even taken the Panamera up to the mountains on a dry day in the winter and temps in the low 30's - and the summer conti's did just fantastic in those conditions FWIW.
Old 06-23-2019, 07:32 AM
Addbuyer
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by pmichaelis
My question is why did you buy a performance car and want to put compromised "all-season" tires on it? Pick up a set of 18" takeoffs, properly equip your car with winter snows and change over with the seasons........no big deal.
I’m running all-season N rated tyres on my turbo S. I don’t look at it as a compromise at all. I never track day the car or take the car to the 150mph max of the all-season tyre. I like to blast through the twisties on occasions but mostly I drive the car as it was designed and marketed, a luxury limo. Being in the U.K. the weather is so changeable, summer tyres scrub terribly from 9 degrees or below. I can’t say I’ve noticed any more road noise or any less grip in the dry warmer weather. In fact the only downside is the premium price of all-season tyres, 30% plus.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:36 PM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 212 Posts

This in unfortunate news for me as well. I swap between all seasons and summer tires for two reasons. Cold weather and extended highway travel. The all season tread patterns handle the water at highway speeds better which became very important on a recent trip. Also they ride
much better which my wife appreciates. Driving on interstates isn’t particularly challenging for a tire. Yes, I am crazy.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:57 AM
David Mazurek
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SUCKS MAN, UPGRADE/TRADE/SWAP FOR WHEELS THAT BELONG/LOOK GOOD ON THE 970 19'' OR 20'' AND GET THE RIGHT TIRES. NOT CHEAP BUT PROBLEM SOLVED AND CAR WILL LOOK EVEN BETTER.

Quick Reply: Panamera Tire Problem Help Please