Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Mexico Blue Panamera GTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 07:29 PM
carsnob
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! Got to have cajones to go forward with this color. You can get away with it since it's a Porsche and looks great!
Closest color for us off the shelf types would be the Yachting Blue, which isn't really close...
Having said that, does anyone have an opinion about the Yachting blue color? Not to common but does it look good on a Panny in your opinion?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Panaseeya
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I got the yachting blue (well, my wife picked the color) and we really like it. It's a nice dark metallic blue in the sun and the color changes to various shades of grey in the shade. It doesn't show dirt too much either. Just don't get the matching wood trim.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:48 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpa4S
that is a knock out - i didn't know you could PTS these cars in North america
PTS on panamera means the entire chassis gets sent to zuffenhausen and then back.. $9900 instead of $5500 for the basic PTS, plus i assume it looks like he added some additional mexico pieces.

Cayenne still cannot get PTS however, $9900 or any amount because chassis' come from Bratislava, Slovakia...

super sick car to OP. great choice for a GTS.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:50 PM
carsnob
Advanced

Originally Posted by Panaseeya
I got the yachting blue (well, my wife picked the color) and we really like it. It's a nice dark metallic blue in the sun and the color changes to various shades of grey in the shade. It doesn't show dirt too much either. Just don't get the matching wood trim.
Thanks for the comment Panaseeya; Most of us aren't going to go for the Mexican blue or other colors to match our tee shirts. I thought the Yachting blue might be a nice change of pace as my last 4 cars have been black. I was just worried that the yacting blue was too light or wishy washy and that the Panny looked best in a dark color.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Panaseeya
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by carsnob
Thanks for the comment Panaseeya; Most of us aren't going to go for the Mexican blue or other colors to match our tee shirts. I thought the Yachting blue might be a nice change of pace as my last 4 cars have been black. I was just worried that the yacting blue was too light or wishy washy and that the Panny looked best in a dark color.
We were looking at the carbon and agate greys, my wife liked them better than the regular blue or basalt black (which I kind of liked). But then she saw the yachting blue and there was no question about which one to get. We really like it and its chameleon-like change of color depending on the lighting. It's certainly not too light and the black alcantara interior goes with it very well.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

i had a yatching blue turbo for a weekend and the spouse loved the colour - it grew on me after a while but i like these cars in white
Old 01-21-2013, 10:57 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 729 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
G - I told you already, I love it!!! Great great great choice. Don't listen to Rob's goofs about the price - that thing is worth every nickel.
Ah Chris I am the one who FOUND the color for him in the 1st place....its just was an S not a GTS. Greg took that one step further and went ahead and ordered it in his own humble image! LOL As for price...remember its only worth what the market will pay for it and as many have said someone out there will love the rarity of it and pay handsomely if Gregg ever decides to resell it!

It does look stunning tho....just too much for me...I am a low key type of guy remember! Can't go to work in that color and hope to ever get promoted again! LOL Great job Greg...Bravo!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:59 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Sharp!
Old 09-28-2021, 05:25 AM
gtsblue
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

love it! Is this for sale?
Old 09-28-2021, 03:16 PM